Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanguido Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2015, 02:33 PM
    Principles of Thermodynamics
    A gas expands and does 82.7 J of work on the surroundings. At the same time, the gas loses 103 J of energy to the surroundings as heat. What is the change in the internal energy of the gas?
    would this be ΔE = q + w (-103) + (82.7) = -20.3. I get confused with the positive and negative charges.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2015, 09:18 PM
    Well to be honest, I've never considered the math concerning a fart before, but if you say so, well who am I to question you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermodynamics [ 1 Answers ]

A diatomic ideal gas of 4 moles present in a container(insulating) at temperature T .If heat Q is supplied to it,2 moles of gas is dissociated,temperature remaining constant.Then Q=________(R=Universal Gas Constant) a)RT b)2RT c)3RT d)4RT

Thermodynamics [ 0 Answers ]

A steam engine operating between a boiler temperature of 220 degree Celsius and a condenser temperature of 35 degree Celsius delivers 8.00hp. If it's efficiency is 30.0 percent of that of a carnot engine operating between these temperature limits, how many calories are exhausted each second by the...

Cp in thermodynamics [ 0 Answers ]

What does cv in thermodynamics

Thermodynamics [ 2 Answers ]

The question: 1 kg of a fluid expands reversibly according to a linear law from 4.2 bar to 1.4 bar;the initial and final volumes are 0.004m^3 and 0.2m^3. The fluid is then cooled reversibly at constant pressure,and finally compressed reversibly according to a law pv=constant back to the initial...

View more questions Search