Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JessicaCurry Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2015, 08:21 PM
    The Triumph of Grace
    How does defining grace as the creative power of God affect our understanding of the doctrine of creation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2015, 02:28 AM
    First why do you assume there is a "doctrine" in creation, not merely the basic facts as explained by people with the education and communication skills at the time it was written.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2015, 08:37 AM
    There is no doctrine as FR. Chuck notes. In fact, in the first 2 chapters of Genesis, there are 2 stories of creation. This is part of the problem accepting the bible word for word. What story do you accept? Is one wrong and the other right? If one if wrong, the Bible cannot be inerrant.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2016, 12:06 PM
    Well, personally I don't believe grace to be a doctrine but rather a person, Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus Christ created this world and all that is in it. John 1:3 All things were made by him and without him was not any thing made. But I don't believe creation is a doctrine either. Really odd question. I'm not sure how anyone can answer it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1971 Triumph TR6 --- Is it worth fixing up? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1971 Triumph TR6 rust free California car in fairly original condition. Running and on the road daily. Mechanically sound and kept up. Is it worth it to fix up minor body dings, repaint and redo interior? Or should I just keep as daily driver that it's been for me for last 32 years?

The assault on free speech (and one triumph) [ 22 Answers ]

Oakland California : Some public workers produced a flier in which they said "marriage is the foundation of the natural family and sustains family values." This was treated as "hate speech" by the city government after another city employee, who is a lesbian, said she "felt threatened" by the...

Help with Grace [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest an appropriate grace to be said before the wedding breakfast The bride and groom are in their earlythirties and Church of England. Any ideas

1972 Triumph 250cc Trailblazer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1972 Triumph 250cc Trailblazer. It is in good condition. How much can I expect to sell it for?

View more questions Search