Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebelone54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2015, 03:20 AM
    not recieved money
    My husband worked at Anderson Fisher Guide in Anderson, Indiana, when it closed he went to Fort Wayne local 2209. He retired in 2008, after his retirement he never received Christmas bonuses or cost of living raises. When he would try to talk to local members of the union they were not nice. Retirees are not kept in the loop of what their rights are or what they should be getting by their local or the national. Retirees should have one website for the UAW auto workers to go to and be able to find out what they should be getting. Because the local union always acts like you're bothering them when you try to find out. My husband past away in 2012. I have not received an increase in my surviving pension check since and no one seems to be able to tell me why. There has been no cost of living increases, no bonus checks for Christmas, no input from the local union for retirees at GM at all. What I would like to know is who in the national union can I speak to that will have the information telling me why I have received nothing expect a small surviving pension check since 2012 because you really can't talk to the local. I do not receive a local UAW paper anymore. So I am completely in the dark. My husband was a skilled tradesman. He worked for 38 years, I don't believe he thought it would be this way. Some day the people working are going to be retired, they're going to hope their union representatives remember that they are union members also and that they also deserve cost of living increases and bonus checks which most really need just like the active workers. But it seems the UAW reps have forgotten the retirees. But when the retirees have no one on the negotiating team to represent them what do you expect.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2015, 05:27 AM
    You posted your question as an answer to a 7 year old question. It was moved to it's own question.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2015, 01:50 PM
    "because you really can't talk to the local." Are you getting money through a mutual find or directly from the UAW? Most funds are not directly handled by the unions. What you do or do not get is in the retirement package which would spell out bonus, COLA etc. What is the local UAW not doing? Here is a link.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ZbD1oQTo9QJqFA.
    I would contact my local congressman and see if he/she can help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2015, 01:55 PM
    Try here: Retirees | UAW

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

What is that song that goes like we stuntin that money money money money [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of that rap song that goes like we stuntin that money money money money

Who sings the song forget about the money money money ? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song forget about the money money money

View more questions Search