Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannyparish111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2015, 08:38 AM
    Why do I have hot water everywhere in my house besides in the kitchen?
    Yes, I have hot water everywhere in my house besides the kitchen sink. It comes out just luke warm. Can someone help me? With this?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 14, 2015, 11:13 AM
    One handle or two on the sink faucet?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 14, 2015, 07:27 PM
    Is your house on slab or raised foundation ? How far is kitchen from the water heater ?

Back to you

Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 15, 2015, 10:44 AM
    Have you had any work done recently? There could be a cross connection some place in your system where cold water can enter the hot water system. Good luck, Tom
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 15, 2015, 10:51 AM
    I think a couple more details are necessary. My opinion is that the water isn't reaching your kitchen due to pressure issues. You may need to install a circulator pump to keep the water moving along.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2015, 03:21 PM
    Hello dannyparish111,

Please respond to the experts above, also if you tell us the brand and the model number of your kitchen faucet will help, it sounds like you may have debris in hot water port of the faucet, Thanks.

John

Oct 19, 2015, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    One handle or two on the sink faucet?
    Yes sorry took while to get back to you, I think it is my one handle faucet. I cut the cold off under my sink and it got real hot. So some how it is letting cold mix with my hot. Do I need to replace my faucet?

Yes sorry took while to get back to you, I think it is my one handle faucet. I cut the cold off under my sink and it got real hot. So some how it is letting cold mix with my hot. Do I need to replace my faucet?
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 19, 2015, 10:30 AM
    In this case, you would need to replace the cartridge

Milo

Oct 21, 2015, 10:03 AM
    What is the cartridge?
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 21, 2015, 01:47 PM
    Cartridge is the interior part of the faucet that mixes hot and cold water before it hits spout

Hope that helps

Milo
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 21, 2015, 02:11 PM
    Here are some videos and instructions to help you visualize this job.

How To Repair Cartridge Sink FaucetsĀ at The Home Depot

Repairing a Single Handle Cartridge Faucet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJIse2Hql2A

Helps if you knew the brand, but the procedure is pretty similar and cartridges can be purchased at Home Depot or any large parts/plumbing store. Got any handy friends?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I turn on hot water in kitchen it sputters. Kitchen only and hot water only [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water in the kitchen it sputters. This is in the kitchen only and the hot water only.

Low hot water pressure in the kitchen, the cold is fine, so is the rest of the house. [ 2 Answers ]

I have low hot water pressure in the kitchen sink the cold pressure is fine and the rest of the house id fine

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Hot water drips from kitchen faucet even if hot water supply valve turned off [ 6 Answers ]

Have 2 handle kitchen faucet, cartridge stems. Hot water dripping from faucet even if hot water supply turned off. Volume of water dripping increasing over time. Changed o-ring, didn't help. Not sure if I need new hot water cartridge stem or hot water supply valve, or both.

No Hot Water in Kitchen nor Dishwasher but the rest of the house has both HOT & COLD [ 0 Answers ]

Getting colder in Lancaster ,Pa. I have no hot water going to my kitchen sink nor dishwasher but do have cold water leading to the kitchen sink & dishwasher. The rest of house has both hot & cold. Replaced the faucets in the kitchen but still not hot water. I have no basement. Any...

View more questions Search