Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kanodiagopi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2015, 01:07 PM
    Arnold Benedict is thinking of buying an apartment complex that is offered for sal
    Case Study: (solve using excel spreadsheet (show formulas) )
    1. Arnold Benedict is thinking of buying an apartment complex that is offered for sale by the firm of Getabinder and Flee. The price $2.25 millions, equal the property’s market value. The following statement of income and expense is presented for Benedict’s consideration:
    The stated Satyr Apartments Prior Yea’s operations results , presented by Getabinder and Flee, Brokers
    30 Units, all two bedroom apartments, $975 per month $351,000
    Washer and Dryer Rental $10,000
    Gross Annual Income $361,000
    Less Operationg Expenses:
    Manager’s Salary $10,000
    Maintenance Staff (one person, part-time) $ 7,800
    Seedy Landscape $1,300
    Property Taxes $13,500 $ 32,600
    Net Operating $ 328,400
    By checking the electric meters during an inspection tour of the property, benedict determines the occupancy rate to be about 80 percent. He learns, by talking to tenants, that most have been offered inducements such as a month’s fee rent or special decorating allowances. A check with competing apartments houses reveals that similar apartment units rent for about $895 per month and that vacancies average about 5 percent. Moreover, these other apartments have pools and recreation areas that make their units worth about $20 per month more than those of the Stated Satyr, which had neither.
    The tax assessor states that the apartments were reassessed 12 months ago and that the current taxes are $71,400.
    Benedict learns that the resident manager at Sated Stayr, in addition to a $10,000 salary, gets a free apartment for her services. He also discovers other expenses: insurance will cost $6.50 per $1,000 of coverage, based on estimated replacement cost of about $1.8 million; worker’s compensation ($140 per annum) must be paid to the state; utilities, incurred to light hallways and other common areas, cost about $95 per month for similar properties, supplies and miscellaneous expenses typically run about .25 percent of effective gross rent. Professional property management fees in the market are typically are about 5 percent of effective gross income.
    1. Develop a seven – year forecast of net operating income for the Sated Satyr Apartments, incorporating the following assumptions:
    a. Potential gross rent and miscellaneous other income will grow at 2.5 percent per annum over the forecast period.
    b. Vacancies in the market area will remain constant over the forecast period.
    c. Operating expenses other than management fees and property taxes will grow at 2.5 percent per annum over the forecast period
    d. Management fees as a percent of effective gross income will remain constant over the forecast period
    e. Property taxes are expected to increase to $76,048 in the third year of the forecast and to $85,039 in the seventh year.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 13, 2015, 01:10 PM
    Show us your work so far. Where are you stuck at?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2015, 01:44 PM
    You've got a lot of work to do. Have you at least started a spreadsheet?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 14, 2015, 08:35 AM
    I like your professor. Those names are hilarious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my apartment complex do this? [ 3 Answers ]

My apartment complex informed me this morning that there would be an inspection of our apartment. They didn't tell me about it when we signed the lease in November. But they tell me that if we don't pass inspection, we can be kicked out? Its just a normal every day apartment complex. Its not...

Duties of the apartment complex [ 8 Answers ]

Someone had broke into my apartment a few weeks ago I approached the apartment complex management and told them and asked them to repair the window which they had come through which was my daughters window and they said it was not their resposibilty is this correct?

Re-wiring an old apartment complex [ 3 Answers ]

A little background before I start asking questions. The building in question is a 4 apartment building, 2 on the first floor and 2 on the second floor. Currently they have 60A service each with the main 60A breaker being on the power companies meter outside with an 8 slot sub panel of sorts for...

Can't an Apartment Complex Do this? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in louisville, KY. I have lived in my apartment for a year and 6 months. I have never been late, never had any problems here. The second year I did sign a year lease because they do not do month to month. I recently put an offer on a house and it was accepted. I gave my apartment complex 41...

View more questions Search