Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2015, 06:57 AM
    How do you trace a private caller
    I heard my wife talking to a guy one night after midnight when I asked her about it she said she wasn't talking to any one. Is there any way to see if there was a call made by her or the guy to her
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2015, 07:11 AM
    Not unless you work for certain Government agencies. If they block their caller ID... you are between a rock and the proverbial hard place.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 13, 2015, 08:09 AM
    No way to trace the blocked number, but your caller ID has a record (unless deleted) of the call, and any number dialed (redial if you have it).

How do you know it was a guy?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Oct 13, 2015, 09:57 AM
    Was that the same phone call the guy got at 3 am in the morning and the wife came down the stairs and said ? "Who is that"? It's Jake and the wife takes the phone and
    asks "What are you wearing Jake"? I could not help it.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2015, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Was that the same phone call the guy got at 3 am in the morning and the wife came down the stairs and said ? "Who is that"? It's Jake and the wife takes the phone and
    asks "What are you wearing Jake"? I could not help it.
    TEEHEE. Sounds like a "Good Neighbor"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2015, 11:08 PM
    Some cell phones have a history of calls, if that phone made a outgoing call or received a call. If the number is showing up private or blocked, no you can not find out who is the caller.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2015, 05:14 AM
    If it was a cellphone and you are the account holder, you may be able to review calls at your carrier's website. Similarly if you have a VoIP phone you should be able to get a history. But if it was a standard landline you may not be able to get it without a court order. You would have to contact your carrier, but again, you would have to be the account holder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private Caller [ 7 Answers ]

Can anybody help me or give me suggestions of what to do when a privite caller keeps calling my moms cell and my house phone and saying my name and my sister's and my moms name really softly... it freaks me out that they call 3 in the morning... what should I do? Anybody knows how to unblock a...

Private caller? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out who keeps calling my house when it comes up private caller?

Private caller [ 15 Answers ]

[How do I find out who keeps calling my house when it comes up private caller?

Private Caller [ 8 Answers ]

I get a private caller on my cell phone. I want to know his name and number... is there anyway I can find out other then going to the police? I called T-mobile they said they see the same thing as me unknown number and there is nothing they can do.

Private Caller ID [ 5 Answers ]

Curious to know if anyone is familiar with receiving Private Caller from a calling card. I have a calling card that I purchased about 3 years ago that I keep adding minutes to. Anytime I use this calling card it shows on the receiving side as either a 720 or a 404 area code. Just recently, this...

View more questions Search