Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2015, 06:26 AM
    Cancelling Term Insurance
    If I cancel a 15 year term policy after 10 years, is there any benefits I am entitled to or is all the premium money just lost?

Any information or tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2015, 06:50 AM
    On a standard term policy anything paid is lost.

There are dozens of hybrid type policies with many various riders, so without looking at your specific policy we can not talk about your one policy.

The idea of term insurance is it is pure insurance, no cash values. But the price you pay is much lower than a whole life or paid life at specific years.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2015, 10:35 AM
    You are actually losing money since your yearly premium is based on 15 years. However, you have had cheap insurance for 10 years. Why cancelling? Not worth it to go to another term.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life (Term) Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a website or tel no to call where you can get ratings or info that helps you to check out Insurance Companies for life (TERM) insurance before you decide to transact with them? Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about cancelling a VERY expensive life insurance policy [ 2 Answers ]

I took out a whole life insurance pollicy in 1995 which I thought was a way to save for retirement. The premium is $882 QUARTERLY for 200,000 death benefit. We can no longer afford to pay that and plan to cancel. Cash value is under $400, but more than 35,000 has been paid into it. They say...

Cancelling health insurance at 18 [ 2 Answers ]

Child support stops at 18 per court order but can the father legally drop a child from his insurance if they are going to be a full time college student?

View more questions Search