Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tjswarty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2015, 06:12 PM
    Who should we call plumber or septic pumper?
    We are on a septic tank. We had it pumped in February of 2013. There are 4 adults living here. 2 nights ago we had a very strong down pour of rain. Both guys got up and showered in early morning. Water started filling up toilets, bath tub and shower. So we didn't use all day. Then last night 1 person showered. Toilets overflowed a little. This morning 1 shower and toilets over flowed onto flower. Than toilet was flushed. And water came out into hallway and shower backed up some. Toilet stayed running for some reason till I noticed flood. We have not used anything since. My hubby pulled off main toilet and snaked. The dug up septic tank some and noticed that side is full but the gray water side is way low. Our septic alarm has not went off and looks fine. We are wondering is our septic full or the pump and or float broke? And maybe our alarm is broke too? When we had it pumped the alarm never went off then but stuff was coming up in toilet and tub. Who should I call? Get septic pumped again or a plumber? Thank you so much, terri
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 12, 2015, 09:13 PM
    Hello TJSwarty, do you have sewer odor around your house ? Or wet areas smelling like sewer ? Do you know where is the lid from the septic tank ?

Back to you

Milo
    Tjswarty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2015, 11:40 PM
    No smells. John dug up and looked in. The tank is full like it's supposed to be but the gray water side is way down with float just hanging there and they couldn't hear the pump at all.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 15, 2015, 10:32 AM
    As a rule it is not the septic tank that is blocked but the drain field. This last rain fall saturated your drain field to the point where it can no longer dispense liquid. My advise is to have septic people check the drain field first.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumber or Septic Guy? [ 3 Answers ]

While taking a shower after a few minutes the sink will make noises and then the toilet will gurgle and threaten to fill up with water. Usually at that point the shower drain will stop draining and water will build up in the shower. Once I turn the shower off everything drains (slowly) and the...

Do I have to call a plumber? [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I am in a mobile home, this morning the kitchen sink was clogged. I tried liquid plumber, no help. Then this afternoon I took apart the entire assembly, pea trap and all pipes were clean. Then I tried to snake the line, nothing. I then used a foam pipe cleanser but the foam went directly...

Do I call a plumber? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My sewer backs up into the basement when my washing machine runs. What could the problem be?

Do I call a plumber or Septic Tank Co? [ 2 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I had my septic tank pumped due to backup of leaves and dirt in my shower and toilet. He said that I had a root problem. He cut as far as he could. After that, everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. I noticed that every time I washed clothes the kitchen sink would gurgle...

View more questions Search