Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

Oct 8, 2015, 10:43 PM
    What would you have done in this situation?
    So five years ago I went to my senior homecoming dance with a guy that I only liked as a friend. A few years later I was still talking to him and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I didn't know what to say because I only liked him as a friend and I was freaking out. So I just told him straight up that I just wanted to be friends. He then explained to me that he wasn't serious and only asked me to see how I would react to being asked out. He basically wanted to find out if I had a crush on him. I'm not sure why because he made it pretty clear that he didn't have a crush on me. I was kind of hurt by this and haven't talked to him at all since. Have I done the right thing by avoiding him? What would you have done?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2015, 10:51 PM
    Just pretend it never happened. Forget him and continue on with your life. Wasn't worth losing sleep over.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2015, 01:41 AM
    Of course he liked you, and wanted you for a girlfriend. After you rejected him, he was hurt and wanted to put up a defense. So he lied and said he really did not want you. Had you said yes, he would have jumped at it.

But to be honest, what society do you live in, where someone, a few years after high school asks someone to be a girlfriend they are not dating?

Why were you hurt? If you did not want him for boyfriend, you told him no, so you did not consider he was hurt? You did not want him, so you told him the truth. I see no reason to hide from him, It sounds very childish.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2015, 04:54 AM
    He didn't take his rejection very well did he? That's his problem to deal with, so why are you hiding? Hold your head up and move forward and let him get over himself.

Frankly his reaction was immature for an adult, and yours could use some work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please help me with this situation! [ 5 Answers ]

OK, so a friend of mine has invited a few friends over, including me and my girlfriend. She's very unpredictible and never lies. She told me "no matter what, after james's (first friend) sleepover, you will love me as much as i love you. And that is to much to even describe." like I said, she's...

What can I do in my situation ? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, my very specific question. I am a single father of my 11 year old son. His mother and I divorced when my son was about 6 months. Because I was more capable of financially supporting my son I went only for the state min for child support of $100 (which she has never paid). Because the divorce...

The Situation [ 32 Answers ]

Wow! Where do I start.. Okay I am a mother of 4 with 2 children at home. I've been married for 15 years come this September. Let me just jump right in... my spouse and I have ran into some marriage issues lately while for the past 2 years, it all started when he informed me that he was not happy...

What should you do in a situation like this? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 49, she is 42, and we have been engaged for a year. Two months ago we moved into my place and have both gone through some stressful times professionally and medically to the point of hurting each others feelings and now she wants to move out and have some time alone for us each to cool off,...

I'm in a situation [ 1 Answers ]

hey my name is brittany, I am 20 years old and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 3 years now.. its making me frustrated... I have finally figured out when my fertile phase is and my ovulation dates are and me and my fiancée have had unprotected sex every time and still nothing.. can I...

View more questions Search