Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2015, 07:25 PM
    Organize info from 9 tabs into a 10th tab.
    Hi All.

I've inherited an employee weekly schedule done in Excel. I'm researching other options for the future but for now I've got to work with what I've got.

Here is one of the 9 tabs representing a location and the shifts at that location. Employees often work multiple shifts and multiple locations.

I want a 10th tab that will list all employees, with their location and shift under the days that they work - like the other tab that I named "all locations".

I know I'll have to change the way each shift at each location is shown but I'm not seeing the best way to do it.

To make matters worse, I need each location with all of it's shifts printable on one page like it is now, so it can be distributed to multiple people who do not have access to the file.

Can this elephant be eaten?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2015, 05:09 PM
    There is a consolidate function in excel which might be used if each tab is organised in the same way

otherwise you construct your summary by referencing the data in each tab

you do this by placing your cursor in a cell, type =, then point to the cell in another tab where the data is located
    . You can select groups of cells ( a range) to be reproduced on another sheet and use if statements to select specific data.

You should seriously look at why you need everyone to have access to the data and yet not allow access to the individual tab. It is possible to lock cells and sheets so they are read only and to print PDF copies of the sheets

all elephants are eaten one bite at a time

Think about organising the data differently with the employees listed in column 1

remember that if it is organised properly excel can be used as a database to do this you will need fields; employee, shift, day or date, hours, location. This will enable you to use the inquiry functions of a database

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 'Symbols' tab is missing from 'Insert' tab? [ 2 Answers ]

I can't find "symbols" tab any more on my "insert" drop down menu. How can I get it back?

With an accidental click on Firefox tab bar, the tab will get out n open another wind [ 1 Answers ]

With an accidental click on Firefox tab bar, the tab will get out n open another window; how do I pull it back the other way round? i.e. close this new window and put it back on the original location ?

Sharing Info between tabs in same excel spreadsheet [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I have an excel spreadsheet with multiple tabs and want to link my everchanging total sales profit number from my "Sales Tab" to a cell in my "Overhead Tab" so I can subtract all overhead therefore giving me a more realistic profit/loss number anytime I look at it. How do I do it? ...

How the hell do I organize? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay my boyfriend bought me a phillips MP3 with video, music, radio, and picture storage, to replace my RCA Mp3 cause it's been messing up. I love the thing it's nice and smooth small, black, and oh so cute but there's an issue... when I put it music on it... it's all jumbled and I can't just...

View more questions Search