Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jorgegar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Ping issue
    I have an issue with 2 PCs connected to a us robotics hub uplinked to Cayman modem router that connects to the bellsouth netwok via ppoe. I can surf from both machines and ping the router, yet I cannot ping either machine from each other. Obviously the two lost connectivity, I have link lights all around. WOW , I am A+, Network+ and security+ certified, I have never encoutered a situation like this. All help is appreciated.
    Jorge
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

May 7, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Since you are A+ & Network+ certified, I am curious why you have 2 routers connected together on the same network?

You should be cognizant of how unreliable MS's File and Print share P2P network is. MSFPS was originally designed for NetBIOS - another "landmark" network protocol produced by MS.

P2E
    jorgegar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Press2Esc
    Since you are A+ & Network+ certified, I am curious why you have 2 routers connected together on the same network??

You should be cognizant of how unreliable MS's File and Print share P2P network is. MSFPS was originally designed for NetBIOS - another "landmark" network protocol produced by MS.

P2E
    I have since found the answer and nowhere in my post does it imply that there are 2 routers connected to each other. And this is not my network, it belongs to a client and he does not wish to change the peer to peer fashion it is set up in. for the people out there that really want to know what the problem was it was a bad contact in one of the cable runs, it was intermitent and was timing out on the ping, yet it would stick around long enough to allow for intermitent surfing of the web. A higher quality media certifier than the one I own discovered the issue. ;)

Jorge

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ping not recognized as internal or external command [ 9 Answers ]

When running cmd C:\Documents and Settings\... \ping I get the following error 'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command. Please help me solve my problem Thanks

Won't ping [ 14 Answers ]

I well it is probs a simple thing but I cannot ping my laptop but the laptop can ping the PC enyone know why. Advice yould be appreciated.

Ping-pong or bowling.and momentum and jazz [ 5 Answers ]

a ping-pong ball and a bowling ball have equal momentum. They are stopped with the same force, in the same amount of time. Which goes further while being stopped? (distance) I want to say they are equal but am I right?:confused: the equations Vf^2=Vi^2+2ad and m=mv=Ft might help? Hope so, I don't...

I can ping an address, but browser doesn't work [ 4 Answers ]

I can ping www.yahoo.com, but when I put the address in my browser, I get page not found, the same error on both my browsers - IE and netscape, I uninstalled my virus software, and still same error. My other computer works fine going through the same router and modem. Can I reset my socks...

View more questions Search