Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abrown13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2015, 11:55 AM
    The unadjusted and adjusted trial balances
    Can someone explain this to me:

I am given the adjusted and unadjusted trail balances for a company on March 31, 2010. I am suppose to journalize the five entries that adjusted the accounts at March 31, 2010. None of the accounts were affected by more than one adjusted entry.

However, I do not know how to find the five entries. Can someone walk me through this?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2015, 01:05 PM
    Well you find the differences between the accounts and it should all fall into place
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2015, 01:32 PM
    The difference between an unadjusted and adjusted trial balances will be adjusting entries. Each adjusting entry will affect one balance sheet account and one income statement account. For an example a prepaid expense and an expense, or unearned revenue and earned revenue, or depreciation expense and accumulated depreciation are the most common ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Grasp how to do a trial balance sheet with unadjusted and adjusted balances [ 0 Answers ]

Can you please help me get these transactions in the right places? June 1 the following assets were received from Emily Page: cash $20000, A/R $4500, Supplies $2200, and Office Equipment $11500. When do I put these in the Trial Balance Sheet? June 1 - paid 3 month rent on a lease contract...

Unadjusted trial balances [ 2 Answers ]

If an unadjusted trial balance sheet showed a total of $200,020 and you had to add revenue of $2,000 and expenses of $1,000, what would be new total balanceQ

Unadjusted trial balances [ 1 Answers ]

If an unadjusted trial balance sheet showed a total of $200,020 and you had to add revenue of $2,000 and expenses of $1,000, what would be new total balance?

View more questions Search