Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brunto75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2015, 02:42 AM
    Two bath rooms, one gets hot water other gets warm
    Hi,

I have have two bathrooms, the first one gets lukewarm water in both shower and sink ( thus bathroom is the closest to the hot water heater). The second bathroom get full hot water in the shower and sink. Both bathrooms have mixers in shower and sink.
    I have checked for a temp reg valve but if it was installed it would be near the hot water service.
    I have replaced the sink mixer in the first bathroom and no change, the copper pipe from the wall is not even hot.
    Both bathrooms are on the second floor.
    Is it common to have a temp reg valve on just the one shower and sink?
    Even the plumber is stumped.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 7, 2015, 04:49 AM
    No, it is not common to have a temperature regulating valve on just one bath group.

You replaced one sink mixer, now shut off the shut off valves under the other sink mixer and see if hot water shows up in the shower that only has warm water. Give some time for hot water to arrive.

If shutting the valves off fixes the shower the problem is that sink mixer. If shutting the valves off did not fix the issue then the problem is in one of the shower mixing valve cartridges. If this is the case, replace both shower cartridges only and problem should go away.

Mark
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2015, 08:37 AM
    If that does not work consider installing a tankless water heater by the bathroom that gives lukewarm water. Its cheap, convenient, and an easy fix to your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water in basin but only luke warm bath and shower! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

We've just moved in to a new build flat with a promax combi HE plus boiler and seem to have hot water from the kitchen and bathroom sink but only luke warm from the bath taps/shower? I have no idea where to start to try and fix this! Hoping it's something simple?

When running a bath I only can get warm water from hot tap [ 0 Answers ]

Have tried running cold sink tap and also bath cold tap and neither help. When 2 lights are lit on boiler (located in the bathroom) the water seems hotter but lights don't stay on long. Any advice or answers would be great.

I have only luke warm water coming through my hot bath tap and sink tap [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I am suddenly only getting luke warm water coming through the hot taps in my bathroom. All other rooms are fine. I have a bungalow with two bathrooms a kitchen and a utility room. The system is run off a LPG combi boiler.

Only warm water from bathroom sink taps but hot water from bath tub tap [ 0 Answers ]

I get hot water from kitchen sink tap and from bath tub tap but only warm water from sink taps in both bathrooms.If I turn on the bath tub tap the warm water at sink taps will get hot but only if I turn on the bath tub hot water tap.The only change that I made was to move the water heater from the...

View more questions Search