Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    htip2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2015, 02:44 PM
    Unit test
    "Sam" and "Martha" are the local names for two lighthouses that guard a particularly dangerous part of the coast. Sam blinks every 12 seconds, and Martha blinks every 8 seconds.They blinks together at midnight. How many seconds will pass before they blink together again?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2015, 02:49 PM
    This is your homework... what do you think the answer is and how did you arrive at it?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 5, 2015, 04:33 PM
    What equation would you use to solve this?

Post that first, and then we can go from there.

We won't give you the answer, it's against our policy, and won't teach you anything. So lets start by you figuring out the equation you'd need to figure this out. Think it through, post back, and we'll go from there.

I don't envy you, I hate math! :)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2015, 02:20 PM
    Midnight means nothing. Look for a common denominator. What is the ratio of 8:12? I did this in my head.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any way to test the blower unit's circuit board? [ 12 Answers ]

Is there any simple way to test the blower unit's circuit board? It looks fine but my contactor won't pull down when it receives 24 volts on its coils. I don't know what else could be wrong but I don't want to buy a new circuit board if it is still good. Thank you.

Live in a mobile home with intertherm heat and air unit the unit outside unit has bee [ 1 Answers ]

Live in mobile home with an intertherm unit outside unit is no longer running didn't know if it even needs to be running with the heat

Test a fan in ac unit? [ 4 Answers ]

Without pulling it out of the unit, is there a way to test a fan? I took the red and green wires off the tstat and put them together and still no fan. I put a new capacitor in and still get nothing. I wanted to see if there is a way to easily test the fan to see if it works. Thanks.

View more questions Search