Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usama jamil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2015, 03:23 AM
    Evolution
    [2.65] And certainly you have known those among you who exceeded the limits of the Sabbath, so We said to them: Be (as) apes, despised and hated.so my question is that does this verse proves existence of homo sapiens?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 5, 2015, 08:09 AM
    In my opinion: no. Looking in the mirror proves the existence of Homo Sapiens.

You have to becareful about using a centuries old book, written in the 3rd/4th centuries AD, to prove or disprove modern scientific knowledge and theories.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 5, 2015, 04:01 PM
    I can't figure out your question. What does the verse have to do with a modern label applied to all of us, humans of a certain anatomy? Where the questions are go back to all the other species of homo and all the species before homo, going back to the primates called apes.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 5, 2015, 06:48 PM
    Google homo sapiens. What is the meaning? It means human beings. Do you need a verse to prove the existence of human beings? Surely it would be as easy as looking into a mirror to know that humans do indeed exist.

Do you mean to ask if this verse proves evolution?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2015, 08:15 PM
    No, it merely means that some people act like apes, (and still do today). The verse makes no reference to evolution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evolution [ 6 Answers ]

A classmate states that because land animals evolved from fishes and then flying things evolved from walking things, we can predict that future life will evolve to travel in outer space. Write a logical argument against this statement. Be sure to support you argument with examples.

No Evolution [ 17 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Any chance of finding answers to the following? 10,000 years ago, were our insides basically the same as they are now? IE: One heart, 2 lungs, 2 kidneys, one liver etc. We know our brains and bodies are bigger, however, does the internal sameness extend back further and if it does,...

Evolution [ 9 Answers ]

As I understand it, according to Evolution Theory, in the vast passage of time in the past a species has gradually evolved (and will evolve in future) into another species when (1) the instinct to survive has "warned" a species that its survival was doomed through rise of some hostile element in...

Evolution anyone? [ 63 Answers ]

I have read bits and pieces on evolution and its theories. If someone could simplify it and tell me in a way the average person understands I would be grateful.:) Also how much of it has been proven without doubt and how much remains to be researched? Also if you could give examples of...

Evolution [ 2 Answers ]

As I understand it, according to Evolution Theory, in the vast passage of time in the past a species has gradually evolved (and will evolve in future) into another species when (1) the instinct to survive has "warned" a species that its survival was doomed through rise of some hostile element in...

View more questions Search