Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROWageneck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2015, 04:55 PM
    How do I detach the top of an Ethan Allen Rolltop desk from the desk itself?
    I have an Ethan Allen rolltop desk which I need to move. I need to remove the rolltop from the desk bottom to move it. How do I detach the top from the bottom?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2015, 05:49 PM
    I don't have an Ethan Allen but mine unscrews. There are screws through the desk top that screw into the base of the roll top, accessed from under the top, outside edge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rolltop desk [ 2 Answers ]

Not a skeleton key, purchased 1970's I can't find the key... might you know how to "Pick" the lock?

Rolltop desk down and locked cannot unlock it with key antique lawyers desk [ 1 Answers ]

I have an antique lawyers roll top desk and in the process of oiling it we pulled the roll top all the way down to the closed position and it locked. We tried to unlock it with the key but the key will only partially turn and not move the mechanism( which seem to be horizontal rods inside the...

Unlock Rolltop desk when desk is open [ 0 Answers ]

I seeking some help. I would like to unlock the internal lock assembly to access left handside drawers. The drawers are locked even when the shutter is open. I'm not sure where the internal lock is and I have the original key.

Rolltop Desk Key [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have lost the key to my rolltop desk. It is now locked and I am unable to get into it. This is an older rolltop desk from the 1920's or 1930's with one of those old fashioned basic looking type keys. Is there someplace where I can get a key for this desk? Is there a way to...

View more questions Search