Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zarakali Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2015, 01:56 AM
    Why take out Home insurance?
    Notify me some advice for why to compulsory take out home insurance.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 4, 2015, 02:39 AM
    To mitigate losses from fire, theft, or damages beyond your control. The mortgage company would still want their payments if your home was destroyed wouldn't they? That's why it's compulsory to have insurance and foreclosure is a consequence for non compliance.

It's not your house until it's paid for.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 4, 2015, 04:07 AM
    Some lenders let you out of all those requirements after some number of years or amount paid off, but if you have a 30 year mortgage, it might be 15 years. Ask!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2015, 04:20 AM
    You said compulsory. Compulsory means being required. That would be because a company, association or other group requires it.

Why should you? To pay for major losses if and when they happen.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2015, 09:27 AM
    Few people are independently wealthy enough to self insure. And those that are, are smart enough to not put their assets at risk by not having insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance on home [ 7 Answers ]

What is the procedure on getting insurance on my new house that I built myself? Do they come out and look? Test? Inspection?

Do I still need home insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Do I still need house insurance legally if I have paid off my mortgage? I live in the house but have recently found out that insurance companies do not insure the walls of the house!! Unless they have fallen down and the Foundations of the house move at the same time!! How many time would that...

Do I need home insurance [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bank mortgage on Land and mobile home I lived in for 24yrs but the mobile home is unlivable now but I still want the land and I am still making my mortgage payments. My home insurance was cancelled due to the fact I am no longer living in the mobile home. Do I need insurance because I...

View more questions Search