Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohammedaljobeh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2015, 05:05 PM
    Black screen after winxp logo
    Hello >>> I'm having a problem with my PC and its like this :
    My system just crashed due to a missing file from the folder system 32 . I repaired it with the xp cd .I have 3 hard disks installed and a very old motherboard . It only has 32mb of graphics . Before the crash I was able to boot windows normally but now it only boots if I take out a certain (slave) hard disk ;otherwise it boots into black screen after the winxp logo .I tried that same hard disk on another computer and it works just fine.
    I tried to uninstall/reinstall the video card /reset the motherboard battery /changing power and data cables /changing the jumper sitting ___with no difference . Now what should I try ? Please help... thank you in advance.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Oct 7, 2015, 06:31 PM
    Check the boot order in the bios to see if the machine is trying to boot first from the drive you remove. The boot order would change when you remove the other drive when the system doesn't see it and tries the next in the order. I have had machines crash for different reasons and the boot order ends up changing for some reason and I had to manually set it back.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 8, 2015, 07:26 AM
    Sometimes you can get odd results when windows is trying to mount a specific drive. What I would do is connect the drive, go into the bios and make sure all the settings are right for it. Make sure the Motherboard is seeing the drives in the way you want it too. When you boot windows, boot into safe mode and look at where/how your system is mounting your drives. You might have to re-assign your drive letters. You need to start from the ground up trouble shooting this.

Also try to leave in "Problem drive" and take out your other slave. See if that is an issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screen goes black [ 3 Answers ]

Why does the screen turn black when I run a show from the lap top through a HDMI cable to the big screen? It takes a while then starts and then increases its pace. It stays black for about 5 seconds then the picture comes back. Its just the tvs picture going, the laptops picture remains constant....

Apple logo stucked in my screen [ 0 Answers ]

My iPod is a 2nd generation. There is an apple logo stucked in my screen. I tried lots of things from YouTube but it won't work. The iPod doesn't even show up on itunes. I NEED HELP, PLEASE?

After windows logo on boot I get black screen and mouse only! [ 2 Answers ]

Well... I have an intel pentium 4 at 2,4 Ghz - 512 ram - asus motherboard pep4 and suddently when I opened my PC once after the windows logo I get a black screen and my mouse pointer! That's it ! I cannot do anything further nothing works even if I log in safe mode. Tried also to repair my windows...

After winXP reinstall, screen looks like Safe Mode? 64 bit? How do I fix it? [ 7 Answers ]

I had to reinstall Windows XP on my parents computer and now, everything is HUGE! It looks like Safe Mode but with the background display and everything else in the XP style. Its like a 64 bit gaming system or something... How do I get it back to normal?

View more questions Search