Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2015, 08:12 AM
    Is it normal for the vent to be under the cabinet for the kitchen sink
    I have a mobile home and the pluming vent is under the kitchen sink the sink seems to drain slow and I have mold under there also. Would exstending the vent out throu the roof make this better?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 3, 2015, 08:23 AM
    It is OK as long as it has Air Admittance Vent attached to it. If the drainage is slow then either make sure that Air Admittance Vent is in proper working order. If it is, than you will need to clean your kitchen drain.

Hope that helps

Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 3, 2015, 08:47 AM
    The kitchen sink vent should have been already extended through the roof. If it terminates in the mobile home it presents an open connection to the sewer. If it does not go through the roof have it extended to do so. Check for a small leak causing the mold and scrub the mold with full strength bleach. Good Luck, Tom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double sink disposal and dishwasher with under cabinet vent diagram [ 2 Answers ]

I need to see a diagram. The double sink has a small bowl and a large bowl. Small bowl is where home owner wants disposal, its on the left. Large bowl is on the right . Dishwasher also is on the right. I would like to know how to run the in line vent and where to place it in the chain of...

Under sink kitchen cabinet floor [ 3 Answers ]

What is a good way to refurbish the cabinet floor under the kitchen sink?

Kitchen sink odor from cabinet [ 1 Answers ]

Intermittent odor coming from cabinet under kitchen sink, smells like the black rubber hoses that are under there. How can we get rid of it?

Installing Base Sink Cabinet - Drain Vent in the Way [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, We are remodeling our kitchen. We've gotten through most of the tricky electrical work and have started installing cabinets. We are soon to start installing the trickiest cabinet - the sink cabinet. Hopefully these images come through. The drain column is going to be...

Kitchen sink cabinet [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my kitchen cabinets. I am cutting out the sink cabinet to allow the plumbing for the dish washer and inlet/ outlet of the drain. As I know that the cabinet is a standard 24" depth. Now does the cabinet bolt flush against the wall or do I allow a gap. I do not remember how the...

View more questions Search