Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2015, 07:59 AM
    Retrieving Recorded Calls from APP (Serious)?
    Okay guys. Long story short. I use Android. I downloaded the Automatic Call Recorder app to defend myself... last night, my phone froze. Now when I try to play the recorded calls, I just see the time and date they were recorded, but the calls won't play at all. I really seriously need them to defend myself (don't want to describe why). Is there anyway possible I can retrieve these recorded calls? It still shows how long the recording was too for each call. Please help. If I could, I'm willing to pay somebody to retrieve these calls for me. BTW, I've already contacted the app developers and they have yet to respond.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2015, 11:21 AM
    I assume you have already shut the phone down and rebooted it as a first step.

Oct 3, 2015, 12:05 PM
    Yes, I restarted the phone to see if it would work. But it still doesn't play at all. :(

Also I must add, I lost some pictures of my baby that I had on my phone too. They were all saved and everything. Last night, my phone froze and got stuck on the welcome screen, so I took the battery out, next thing you know the pictures are gone and the calls on the app won't play at all.

Oct 3, 2015, 12:24 PM
    My phone is a Leon LTE (LG)
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2015, 12:39 PM
    Well, you did take all the right first steps. I'm not at all familiar with that specific phone. Next thing people forget in a panic. Is this data by chance saved on a micro SD card that can be removed and with an adapter put in a PC? I'm also going to guess it isn't. Usually you have to set apps up to specifically store data in the removable memory.

Problem is gaining access to where that data is stored. And since this is an add on app....I'm going to assume that data is not stored in the root which would normally be inaccessible. That means a file manager should be able to access it and copy it to an external data drive or memory card of some sort. Do you know enough about Android to do that? DO you know someone who IS a whiz at android if you don't?

If that is stored in a non-propitiatory format..you might have an easy way out of this.

Oct 3, 2015, 12:40 PM
    Yeah I didn't have any type of SD card in my phone when all of this happened :(

Oct 3, 2015, 12:49 PM
    I'm unfortunately not an Android whiz but I'd be willing to find somebody to help me do that if I knew where to go, or if somebody could instruct me on how to do it. It was all saved on the app, not even on any type of sd card or anything. I'm not even sure what first step to take after this. I'm so sad.

I just wish there was like a way to do a system restore to yesterday night's settings for my phone with regards to the app data.

Oct 3, 2015, 01:10 PM
    On my LG phone it was already selected where it says, Back Up My Data, Back up app data, WIFI passwords, and other settings to Google servers... idk if this is something that will be able to help me?

Oct 3, 2015, 02:49 PM
    :( Nothing has worked so far.
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2015, 03:54 PM
    I wish I could walk you through it, but different file managers for Android are different enough in how they behave to defy a step by step to follow without someone having the same programs... I am completely unaware of where that application stores everything and under what names.

You really need someone local that's trustworthy, and knowledgeable that can help you in person.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2015, 02:24 AM
    Have you , did not see it mentioned, just went in on your PC and loaded the apps and tried to play them on a media player.

Also note, phones get stolen, phone data gets damaged all the time and lost, if there are important things, one should always be backing up data.

Also as a note, I will assume "protecting yourself" means in a legal action, depending on where you live, unless the other person knows they are being recorded, it may be illegal and not only, unable to use in court, but knowledge of its use, could make you liable for criminal and or civil penalties.

Dec 11, 2015, 03:22 PM
    Well the recordings only showed my voice, not the other parties. But I contacted the app. They said if the call record was not saved after 30 days, then it would be unable to retrieved. So I guess there is no way to contact them then. I am sad about it, but nothing I can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A babysitter gets weird phone calls when she calls the police they tell her to get ou [ 2 Answers ]

I think I saw this in the early to mid 90s when a babysitter gets a weird phone calls she calls the police they call her back and tell her to get out of the house because the calls are coming from inside the home and when they finally show the killer he's is painted into the wall made to look like...

Can not open adobe - error message app name: acrord32.exe app ver: 10.0.0.396 [ 0 Answers ]

I can not open adobe from either email or desktop. The error message: AppName: acrord32.exe appVer: 10.0.0.396 modname: acrord32.dll modver: 10.0.0.407 offset: 00187035. Adobe reader X Windows xp home edition

Retrieving Email [ 1 Answers ]

Upon request, can an internet provider send scripts of emails that have been sent and received by a user even if the emails have been deleted?

View more questions Search