Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dynamo77 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2015, 08:00 PM
    Unable to decide if I should take this medicine or not?
    Hi,

I had anxiety issues 5 years back now I am 21 and was advised Stelbid 1.0 And CLonotril 0.25 by the doctor. I took the medicines to keep myself at peace. 3.5 years back I came in relationship and my boyfriend changed my life for good. He made sure I don't take these medicines and always keeps me happy and at peace.
    But from past 1 month this problem has revived again due to constant demotivation from parents and now that he has started working he also is unable to give me the time he used to give. I completely understand that he has to make his career and that he still gives me whatsoever little time he can spare but I am getting annoyed . Help me decide if I should take these medicines or not again. As these medicines have a long term bad effect and He had me promised I would not take them at all.
    I love him dearly and don't want to break his trust but on contrary I am getting this feeling of being alone and left out.
    P.s I am from India.

Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2015, 08:21 PM
    You need the medications... its a bad idea to NOT take them or allow yourself to be talked out of it. Sure there are some side effects... but not taking them is even worse... and you are experiencing them and they will probably get far worse. He is manipulating you by talking you into not taking them for his own benefit for his own reasons None of them are for your benifit..only his.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 3, 2015, 02:35 AM
    I disagree with smoothy.
    I am against most psychiatric medications unless someone is psychotic.
    Your anxiety went away when you got the attention you crave. If your boyfriend has to attend to work, as is expected, then it's time for you to attend to whatever is meaningful in your life, whether it's a job or school or volunteering or writing a book - SOMETHING besides another person. (Not sure what you mean by demotivation from parents.) You are very fortunate that he loves you, because many men would find your neediness uncomfortable. No relationship survives for many years in the romantic stage. Two people can love each other very much while leading very separate lives, and in fact those are the relationships that survive the best.

Sure, take the drugs for a while, but get your life on track. Tell us what you imagine doing with it, just you in the world. Everyone can lose the one they love, by being left or through death, and everyone needs a life of their own.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2015, 05:56 AM
    Our happiness and "peace" can not, and should not come from another person. It has to be in side of us.

Your boyfriend should not have controlled you to make you stop taking mediation, and he should also understand if you need it. Does he control every part of your life?

I agree that I do think these medications are given out way too much. But then without them, bad things can happen also. You need to find your own peiace not connected to a boyfriend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 3, 2015, 07:33 AM
    Do you live with your parents and depend on them for food and shelter? How do your parents demoralize you? What do your parents think of your boyfriend? You really give little information into your situation. What are you doing to have peace with yourself, besides obeying your boyfriend?

I can only advise you to seek proper help with your dependence on others for your own feelings of well being. Elevating your boyfriend to a higher level than your doctor can be a dangerous thing especially if you go along with the boyfriend because you are afraid to lose him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't decide [ 2 Answers ]

I've been married for 30 years, have two grown children, one still at home. We're grandparents, but we've never gotten along well. Now it's separate bedrooms and barely any conversation. Neither one of us has anyone else so that's not even an issue. We're together for family and financial reasons -...

Unable to Finalize a DVD-R and therefore unable to view in any other device [ 2 Answers ]

I am unable to finalize my mini dvd-r in my sony handy cam. I have tried everything and it is not finalizing. My question is: Can I transfer the data from my handy cam to another DVD? Or is the data unable to be transferred because it can't be finalized? Thanks!

Unable to decide on career [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I graduated high school not knowing what to do with my life.. my mother pressured me into going to college so I just decided on choosing crinimal justice. I got sick of school and only went for 2 years and got my associates degree. After that I still didn't know what to do so I got a job as a...

Trying to decide [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. OK so if I finally break down and buy a system which one woukd be best? I like guitar hero and racing games. Grand theft auto but I haven't played it since the first one. I also like the golfing and bowling on wii, only ones I ever did. I guess I would have to give up something no matter...

I can't decide [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest how I should pick a major? I'm interested in graphic design, but have not had much access to computers, photography-but no practice, clothing design-but can't afford a fashion school, and psychology- but I have a lot of tattoos would anyone hire me ? Please help I'm so confused.

View more questions Search