Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muarij Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2015, 03:52 AM
    Adjusting Entry
    The theater allows the local YMCA to bring children attending summer camp to the movies on any weekday afternoon for a fixed fee of $ 500 per month. On June 28, the YMCA made a $ 1,500 advance payment covering the months of July, August, and September.What is the adjusting entry?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2015, 07:55 AM
    Not enough information provided to solve the problem. When is the adjusting entry being made? Is it at the end of July, end of August, or the end of September. Divide the advance payment by 3 to get the amount of adjusting entry for 1 month. Your accounts for the adjusting entry will be a revenue account and an asset account. The amount of the adjusting entry will be the number of months times your 1 month amount.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2015, 02:29 PM
    If we make the assumption, something an accountant should not do that the balance date is 30th June then one of the accounts will be sales and the other income received in advance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notes payable entry and its adjusting entry [ 5 Answers ]

Here's the problem: Batangas Placement Agency issued a 20% $50,000, 120 days promissory note to Manila Skill Trade Center on October 2,2011 for training their contact workers. * Give the entry of Batangas Placement Agency on October 2, 2011 and its adjusting entry at the end of 2011. I...

What would the general journal entry be for an adjusting entry? [ 1 Answers ]

Depreciation for the month: Factory equipment... $642.00 Office equipment... $369.70 What accounts are debited and credited?

Adjusting entries: how to journalize a specific adjusting entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would I journalize this adjusting entry? Invoices representing $1,000 of services performed during the month have not been recorded as of May 31. :confused:

What do I debit/credit in journal entry/adjusting entry? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am unsure about the correct way to debit/credit these entries. Can someone help me? Window Washing Company opened on July 1, 2010. During July the following transactions were completed: July 1 Issued 14,456 shares of common stock for $14,456 cash. July 1 Purchased used truck for...

View more questions Search