Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanguido Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2015, 04:43 AM
    Original concentration
    A student performs the following gravimetric analysis of iron ions in a water system:
    Fe2+ (aq) + 2CO32- (aq) = FeCO3 (s)
    If this student used excess carbonate and obtained the following data, what was the original concentration in moles/L) of Fe2+ in the water sample?
    Total Volume of Solution: 100.00 mL
    Mass of FeCO3 collected: 23.758 grams.

Is this how you would solve it change 100 ml to .1 liters. 115.853x = 23.758 x .1 = .02 liters

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]trying to find the original concentration do I use this formula m1v1 x m2v2 115.83 i calculated from the original mass of FeCO3

[/FONT]

Check out some similar questions!

Need original "you get what you give" by new radicals. Original from 80's [ 5 Answers ]

I've been on a quest for a long time to find a song that was released in probably 1980 or 81. It is the same song that the new radicals put out in 98. Both wikipedia and the cd cover credit the new radicals as the writers of the song "you get what you give" however I am sure sure sure I used to...

Find the concentration of the original undiluted cerium sulfate solution? [ 1 Answers ]

find the concentration in moles per liter( mol L^-1) and in grams per liter( gL^-1) of the original undiluted cerium sulfate solution? H2O2 + 2 H^(1+) +2Ce^(2+) ====> 2H2O + 2Ce^(3+) A solution of cerium (II) sulfate was analysed by the following steps: I) 50.00 mL of the solution was...

Concentration... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My problem is that I can only sit to study a particular subject for around 15 minutes. What I mean is... suppose I take a biology lesson which I have to complete learning within 2 hours. Now as I start studying... I'll learn for say around 15 minutes without many thoughts coming to my...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.