Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LindaKlark Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2015, 01:45 AM
    What should I debit and credit?
    Office supplies prepaid at 31 December 2014 amounting $1,000.
    Motor repairs expenses owing at 31 December 2014 amounting $1,000.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2015, 08:08 AM
    Maybe its time to change courses... this is really basic.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2015, 10:08 AM
    First you have to know what accounts are being affected, then you have to know how they are being affected either an increase or a decrease to the account. Then you have to know if the increase is a debit or a credit and if the decrease is a debit or credit. For example you purchased equipment for cash. Your accounts are Equipment and Cash. Equipment is being affected by increasing the account and cash is being affected by decreasing the account. An increase to an asset is a debit entry and a decrease to an asset is a credit entry.

Also your total debits will equal your total credits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I debit and credit ? [ 1 Answers ]

1) depreciation on equipment but not recorded $2,380 Depreciation expense 2380 (debit) 2) one-half of the prepaid insurance premiums expired during the period $360 3) of the advances received from clients, $800 has been earned

Credit or debit [ 2 Answers ]

Is a withdrawl a credit or debit

Credit or debit [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know what to put in debit or credit on a t_account? That is the only thing messing me up right now.

Debit balance, debit entries, and credit entries [ 1 Answers ]

This is a silly question I'm sure, and the answer is very simple, but it is driving me crazy... The problem is: At the beginning of the year, The Office Equipment account of Gulf Coast Airlines had a debit balance of $126,900. During the year, debit entries of $23, 400 and credit entries of...

View more questions Search