Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angiedawn63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2015, 12:10 AM
    Process servers
    What is the latest time of night a process server can come to your home?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 1, 2015, 02:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by angiedawn63 View Post
    What is the latest time of night a process server can come to your home?
    Any time in a 24 hour period, no restrictions.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 1, 2015, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Any time in a 24 hour period, no restrictions.
    Actually, I believe that there may be restrictions in some places. Most likely by statute.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 1, 2015, 06:54 AM
    In my location 9 pm is the cutoff time for process servers to serve. The earliest they can come is 8 am.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2015, 07:28 AM
    But, if served, even at a "improper" time, you are still served. You can just file a complaint against the process server. Perhaps he may be warned, fired, or after enough problems, the company lose right to work for that court.
    Expert

Oct 1, 2015, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    But, if served, even at a "improper" time, you are still served. You can just file a complaint against the process server. Perhaps he may be warned, fired, or after enough problems, the company lose right to work for that court.
    It's improper service is not served during the hours allowed. Thus, the subpoena can be dismissed.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2015, 07:58 AM
    Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. As you can see from the conflicting answers it may be different depending on location.

It would also help us help you if you detailed the background. Were you served whether after hours or not? Did the court date pass? etc.
    Expert

Oct 1, 2015, 08:03 AM
    Along with what Scott said...

Are you a witness or defendant?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

June Smith, a process engineer, has sold her 15-year patent for a new etching process [ 7 Answers ]

June Smith, a process engineer, has sold her 15-year patent for a new etching process to Silica Labs, Inc. In return, she has received $500,000 in cash and, based on its value on the sale date, $200,000 in common stock in Silica Labs. The stock is forecasted to double in market value over the...

Servers. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a website that is free that will give step-by-step tutorial for trouble shooting servers, Microsoft and ubantu linux.

Process Servers in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible, or do you know if a convicted felon(drug charge), can become a Process Server in Texas.

Two SBS Servers together? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, could anyone clarify this for me: I have two SBS servers to run together on same phsical network. One is NT and the other 2003 std. Will they fall out with each other if the domain names are different, do I need a different subnet for each domain or do they have to be physically separated...

View more questions Search