Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dallas ringmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Honeywell Chromotherm III
    My thermostate refuses to come on. It just says HOld AC..
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 09:08 PM
    You could have lost the 24 volts to the thermostat. It might be just working on battery backup.
    skmink Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 07:43 PM
    How do I open my Honeywell Chromotherm III so that I can check the batteries?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 26, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Two small screws hold it onto the subbase. They are phillips type and are located on the lower left and right sides in the front of the stat. Loosen the screws all the way and lift out and up from the bottom. The hidden hinge is located at the top of the stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Chromotherm III [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Honeywell Chromotherm III thermostat that is now showing repl batt. I replaced the 3 AA batteries w/new ones. The message was still there. I replaced them with another set. Still no change. I went through this process w/3 new sets of batteries from 2 different boxes. Am...

Honeywell chromotherm 3 thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a programmable honeywell chromotherm three thermostat that started acting up late last night. It normally displays the current temp and time. Now only the current time is displayed with a -AC following. I cannot get any heat or fan only or ac function. I do not have the manual for the unit...

Maytag fridge not cooling III [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Model # MTB1956GE* the freezer seems to be working fine but the fridge has stopped cooling. The unit was also making loud noises like a "popping" or banging noise. It almost sounded like someone inside the fridge hitting the side of the fridge. I think I heard the compressor kick...

Windward III ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Windward III. My house has a highly sloped ceiling. The canopy that comes with the fan would not work because it was for a normal flat ceiling. I went back to Home Depot and purchased the 2 canopies that they carry for sloped ceilings. Neither were large enough to contain...

View more questions Search