Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nise5280 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2015, 07:07 AM
    Laptop keys sticking -- need to learn to clean
    Hi I have had my 1st laptop for a couple of months, and a couple of the keys are sticking/not typing without pushing hard on them. I know how to disassemble and clean my old detached keyboard (desktop style), but do not know what to do with this one. It's all one unit, so I don't want to be trying to snap the keys out of this flat area... Can someone please tell me what my owner's manual doesn't -- How to clean the keys so they will quit sticking? Thank you so much!
    Nise5280
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 29, 2015, 07:26 AM
    What did you spill on the machine ?

Sep 29, 2015, 11:23 AM
    Curlyben -- Nothing spilled on the keyboard... that's how I learned to take the one for my desktop apart and clean it... Not a lesson I will ever be learning twice. A couple of keys have just become stiff, I suppose from lots of use.

Sep 29, 2015, 11:34 AM
    Talaniman -- Thank you so much for the links! I don't want to remove keys unless it's necessary; and I wasn't even sure with a laptop it's possible. But I will if it means normal typing! Thanks again -- I will be using the links directly. Nise5280

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keys are locked on my laptop? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I unlock the keys on my laptop

Laptop keys not functioning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've hp pavilion dv2710us with windows vista, My problem is all of a sudden key board & touch pad have stopped responding Someone kindly help me Cheenu

Function keys on a laptop [ 4 Answers ]

Ok this is hard. I hit a key to activate te Fn on a laptop. I need to use the fn key like a shift, only for 10 keys. m=0 j=1 k=2 and so on.

Laptop keys [ 3 Answers ]

Any one know how to make the keys on the laptop work so you can type on it it's a toshiba satellite a105-s2716

View more questions Search