Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesfrank0564 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2015, 07:41 PM
    OK to hook external speaker to earphone jack
    Hooking external speaker to earphone jack on tablet helps me hear sound but sound cuts out for other person when we use Skype or facetime.

Sound cuts out for other person on Skype and Face Time when I use an external speaker hooked to earphone jack on tablets (iPad and surface 2).
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 30, 2015, 12:59 PM
    I can't speak about the MS Surface, but on an iPad the audio jack is actually used for both earphones and an external microphone. So when you plug a speaker into that jack the mic that is built into the iPad is cut out, which is why others can't hear you through Skype or Facetime.
    jonesfrank0564 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2015, 06:36 PM
    Ebaines,Yes, that's how this works on Surface 2 and IPad 2. Everything is OK if I don't plug in the speaker. If I do plug it in there is feed back on the other end when using Skype or Facetime. The sound cuts out intermittently on both ends also.The sound on my end is hard to hear at high volume.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am unable to connect sony 5.1 external speaker to lcd TV. [ 3 Answers ]

I am unable to connect sony 5.1 external speaker to lcd TV. *** let me know the set up changes to be done so that the sound comes from external speake

How to hook up earphones to TV withno jack [ 1 Answers ]

How do you hook up earphones to TV with no jack?

Headphone Jack hook-up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stereo TV/VHS/DVD combo. I want to put in a 1/4" headphone jack that when headphones are plugged in, the sound can only be heard through the headphones; when unplugged, the TV speakers come back on. The headphone jacks that I have 1/4" female input, with 2 or 3 leads on the outer ring,...

Hook up for dsl phone jack? [ 4 Answers ]

I ordered high speed internet from AT&T although I do not have AT&T for phone service. The tech installed what he calls a dry loop, and then told me that I have to run a phone jack to that line. The problem is, he worked outside, and I do not know what terminal to hook up the jack to. Any ideas...

View more questions Search