Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwh0710 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2015, 07:22 PM
    Seating at my Step-sons funeral
    Do I sit with my husband and our two kids at my step-sons funeral. His step-father will not be there since he is very ill.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2015, 01:28 AM
    The funeral director will normally have all of the seating arranged and have someone there to do the seating.

They may want you on the front row and your husband (not the child's father) on a second row. There is no firm "rule" so, you need to decide what and how you think is best, given any and all other family that will attend, plus how you are doing emotionally over this.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 29, 2015, 01:46 PM
    I agree. You don't even mention the mother or other siblings or how long the deceased lived with whom. Let the funeral director discuss it with everyone and make the decision. That's what he or she is paid for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Funeral seating [ 1 Answers ]

As the just very recent ex wife of 36 + years and two adult children of my deceased ex's funeral, where should I sit?

Funeral seating for ex-wife and children of the deceased [ 4 Answers ]

I am the ex-wife (10 years), with 2 children to the deceased, aged 15 and 19. I would like to sit with my children, but am told I can't. The deceased's ex-facto is to sit in the front row with my children, the mother of the deceased and his brother and brother's family. I have offered to sit...

Funeral Seating Etiquette 11/10/12 [ 7 Answers ]

My father-in-law's funeral was just held & my husband's sister told us where we were to be seated. My FIL has a surviving spouse, so of course I expected all the siblings w/spouses & children to sit in first row. Instead, I was told I had to sit in 2nd row, as did all other sons/daughters-in-law &...

What is the proper seating for the family of the deceased at the funeral? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the proper seating for the family of the deceased at the funeral? For instance, is it appropriate for the widow to have her family seated before the mother, brother & sister of the deceased?

I paid for funeral of step dad. Can I sue family for that money. [ 3 Answers ]

Yes my step dad died leaving no will. I took care of his funeral and bills, because no family member offer to help. Now cousins and uncles come along that want his property. That's find. Dad and uncle shared ownership of home. Now couins from other side of family want their share. My question is...

View more questions Search