Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zeek15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2015, 10:54 AM
    EtG
    Does anyone have any real life experiences with the EtG test? If so please share.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2015, 01:30 AM
    As a PO for some time, and working within the Justice Dept, I could usually catch people, that drank within the 80 hour limit. Or if they were not suppose to be drinking at all, know they were drinking, even if they passed the test from the levels within the testing over several tests.

But really most of the people I caught, was not from the tests, it was their friends getting pissed at them and turning them in, or them (or their friends) posting drinking and party photos on social media.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Sep 29, 2015, 11:59 PM
    I was tested for EtG for over a year - 2x-3x a week. I never had a positive result, but if I drank even 8-10 oz. of water in the day, I would end up with diluted results. I drink coffee all day, every day and keep myself well dehydrated, my body isn't used to straight water. I did end up with 3 or 4 dilute results over the course of about 16 months. I was never once questioned about them, the first being after 5 months of testing negative, 3x/week. Not drinking greatly increased my chances of passing these tests, I believe.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2015, 04:32 AM
    "Not drinking greatly increased my chances of passing these tests, I believe."

Well yeah. It's amazing how many people don't realize that simple fact.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2015, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    "Not drinking greatly increased my chances of passing these tests, I believe."

Well yeah. It's amazing how many people don't realize that simple fact.
    Got to spread the rep... but that's spot on accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG [ 3 Answers ]

I took three big drinks of one beer more than 48 hour later got EtG drug test will I be OK I would really love a good answer to this question please!! My test will be done at >business name removed< so they were like swigs less than a halt of one 12oz beer. Thank you so much

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

EtG [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old male 6'5 205. Very active and have a very fast matabalism. I drank prob 12 to 15 mixed drinks from 6pm Saturday till about 2am Sunday... my girlfriend said we actually stopped at 12 but I'm saying 2 just in case... I took my(random) test tueday at 4pm... the day before and day of...

EtG help [ 1 Answers ]

I had a 24 oz beer from Sunday night at 830 ended at 1030, I have a random EtG test 44 hours after consumption what are my chances of passing I am a 33 yr old female

View more questions Search