Ask
    melanie40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2015, 10:37 AM
    Education
    What is so important about education?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2015, 10:45 AM
    Education is there so people will be less stoooooooopid.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2015, 01:45 PM
    Kan you spel " sheeze a gud teecher? Add numbers without a calculator? Tell you what, send me all your bank account and credit card numbers and I will handle things for you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2015, 02:05 AM
    Money, how much money the university will pay me to teach, that is the most important thing.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 29, 2015, 06:13 AM
    I see it differently: how many lives can I change by providing students the foundation for a life of learning?
    Expert

Sep 29, 2015, 06:40 AM
    I was being somewhat sarcastic, I assume this is a homework question
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2015, 07:08 AM
    And a very noble task.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    I see it differently: how many lives can I change by providing students the foundation for a life of learning?
    Education Expert

Sep 29, 2015, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I was being somewhat sarcastic, I assume this is a homework question
    I understood your answer! I decided to give a real answer. Pay is an issue for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    And a very noble task.
    Some days, it doesn't seem that way, but others are incredibly rewarding.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2015, 04:01 AM
    One that is increasingly difficult with our young people's continued lack of respect for adults, dwindling budgets, and the eroding moral compass. (Stepping off my soap box now... )

Some days, it doesn't seem that way, but others are incredibly rewarding.
    Education Expert

Sep 30, 2015, 04:36 AM
    One that is increasingly difficult with our young people's continued lack of respect for adults, dwindling budgets, and the eroding moral compass. (Stepping off my soap box now... )
    I started my career teaching high school to disrespectful teenagers. Then, it was middle school, followed by 4th grade for 15 years. My current assignment is Kindergarten and I love every single day. The disrespect hasn't started at this age. I'm staying until I retire!
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2015, 04:49 AM
    There needs to be classes for adults (and teenagers sadly) on how to parent. Questioning authority is fine as long as it's done by the rules and not as an excuse for not taking responsibility for their own behavior. I am parenting for the second time in my life to two 12 year old boys. (One is ours and one never leaves.) I am raising them like I was raised and like I raised my two biological sons because I want them to be a nice addition to society. Why don't more people get that?

I started my career teaching high school to disrespectful teenagers. Then, it was middle school, followed by 4th grade for 15 years. My current assignment is Kindergarten and I love every single day. The disrespect hasn't started at this age. I'm staying until I retire!
    Education Expert

Sep 30, 2015, 06:02 AM
    There needs to be classes for adults (and teenagers sadly) on how to parent. Questioning authority is fine as long as it's done by the rules and not as an excuse for not taking responsibility for their own behavior. I am parenting for the second time in my life to two 12 year old boys. (One is ours and one never leaves.) I am raising them like I was raised and like I raised my two biological sons because I want them to be a nice addition to society. Why don't more people get that?
    I don't know, but I am hoping to instill good parenting skills to my parents at conference time. Luckily, they care and seem to listen. I teach in a high poverty area, yet most parents are doing pretty well.
    I raised two wonderful young men and I am proud of them. I applaud you for raising wonderful children. It isn't easy, but so rewarding!
    Expert

Sep 30, 2015, 06:06 AM
    I am caught up in the system of education, if you take the idea of "no child left behind" and core standards and mandatory testing.
    The life choice of a student is decided by a test. If they can go to college and what their major can be. A teacher must pass a student, so some just sit in the back and sleep, or play with their phones. Being the best in the class is rewarded, but if a student just shows up enough for 4 to 5 years, they are passed. If you fail them in one subject, they merely have another teacher give them a "final test" and pass them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How To Further My Education? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 13, have been in Gifted Classes all my life, ever since Kindergarten. I love learning; knowing things fascinate me. I have decided on several different things to be when I grow up, but it always changes. I wanted to be a police officer, then I wanted to be a veterinarian, then an author, then a...

Education [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to advance my career in nursing I'm currently an high school graduate I would like to ask from any of the registered nurses that is there any online lpn courses offered because I have house hold responsibilities and I'm a mom of 2 kids

More education [ 2 Answers ]

Can an old timer like me (55 years old) go back to school and get funding like Pell grants and stuff? The Internet research I've done seems to attract a lot of scoudrals(online schools) that I just don't trust. What's the real deal on back to school scholarships for old guys.I have a BSME in...

Life's education or Formal Education - Which is more valuable, and why? [ 7 Answers ]

I know both are equally valuable on their own, but what if a person had to choose one or the other? I'm curious about how others view individuals that have had to make this decision.

View more questions Search