Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creativegoth Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2015, 02:02 AM
    Windows 10
    My computer run's Windows 8.1, I read in my computer magazines that, Windows 10 is a free download, but what I want to know is, will it mess up my P C, slow it down? they seem to release, upgrades to early, before all the bugs have me ironed out?.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 28, 2015, 02:13 AM
    TBH, I'm advising all of my clients to WAIT while the "early adopter" bugs are ironed out.
    It's going to be available free for the next year..

Sep 28, 2015, 03:42 AM
    Thanks I think I will wait... Cheers!.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 28, 2015, 03:48 AM
    I went ahead on my laptop, but I'm keeping 7 on the desktop and 8.1 on the phone just to be on the safe side.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2015, 04:38 AM
    I've installed in on 3 computers so far. No problems except for making sure many defaults are turned off to maintain your privacy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 28, 2015, 05:50 AM
    I've installed it on my tablet, but not yet on my laptop or desktop. We have installed it on a few machines at the office. Plus, I've been testing it on a test V for about 8 months. We find that it runs faster and works very well. There have been scattered reports of issues, but millions of people have installed it with no problems.

As noted it will be a free upgrade for a year from the initial release. So you have time. The things in Win 10 will be the last version of Windows. From now on, MS will be releasing enhancements and patches on a regular basis continuously.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 28, 2015, 07:56 AM
    If you're concerned, wait a month or two. I have done two desktops, and just waiting to have the time for an old laptop. I haven't had an issue, except for redownloading a display driver.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 28, 2015, 02:16 PM
    The only issues I had were having to restart several times and having to dig deep into every single settings menu to allow things like touchpad scrolling.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 29, 2015, 01:50 PM
    My only issue is that the Scrabble app on Facebook is a lot slower to load. It seems to be waiting for all kinds of mobile software I don't care about.
    Picture loading from a camera is faster and easier than ever.
    I have touch screen + mouse and have to restart about once every 10 days when one or the other gets lost. But it did that under 8.1 too.

Nov 30, 2015, 05:39 AM
    I downloaded it, it seem's fine on my PC, having no problems at all, I must be lucky, been reading in magazines, that people are having trouble, but mine seem's fine... It's bound to crash now..
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2015, 07:59 AM
    I downloaded it a few days ago and I have had a few problems with it. One is that my internet start-up page was changed, but I was able to change it back to the one I like. Also the Favorites folder is gone and the bars at the top of the screen are different. The biggest problem I have is with Mozilla Firefox. It does not close properly and runs a lot slower and I cannot remove it from my computer to reinstall it. I have tried refreshing it and upgrading it, with no results. I even defragmented my hard drive without any results.

Personally I prefer the Windows 7 look and would like to change Windows 10 back to 8, but cannot remove 10.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 30, 2015, 08:49 AM
    pready, there are tools and procedures to downgrade back to your original OS.

There was a big issue at my work with the latest office package. It is what's stopping us from upgrading all our PCs.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 30, 2015, 12:09 PM
    If you are having a problem with Firefox check for a Firefox upgrade.

I would not want to change Win 10 back to Win 8. Maybe to Win 7 but definitely not to Win 8.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I change windows 7 home premium 64 bit to windows xp interface [ 1 Answers ]

Can I change windows 7 home premium 64 bit to windows xp interface

I have windows Vista, and I can't open files designated to Windows Media Center? [ 9 Answers ]

I have Windows Vista, which came with this computer, And occasionally get files from my daughter's school designated to Windows Media Center, which I can't open in anything. There seems to be nowhere to open it in Media Center, but when I click it... that's where it takes me. Very frustrating.

Difference Between Windows 2000 & Windows 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I like to know the difference between Microsoft Windows Server 2000 And Windows Server 2003. Please help me to know the difference...

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

View more questions Search