Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    resjudicata Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2015, 08:22 AM
    Flush Cistern Removal
    My first attempt to solve plumbing problem at home. The toilet flush started leaking and stopped working.
    But I cannot open the lid. Can anyone suggest how to open these lids with such button as shown in the photo ?Name:  IMG_20150927_165429926.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  1.74 MBName:  IMG_20150927_165444933.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  1.75 MBName:  IMG_20150927_165452152.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  1.78 MB

Please help... I am using buckets :P :P
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 27, 2015, 01:47 PM
    What brand of toilet is it ? Can you lift the lid at all ?

If you can lift the lid then reach under and unhook the flusher button. If you cannot lift the lid, then the flusher button should be removable

Back to you

Milo
    resjudicata Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2015, 01:51 PM
    Hey,

Actually did some experimenting and then just found this : https://player.vimeo.com/video/48729003 :) So hopefully now can open and check the problem!

Thanks a lot for taking time to reply :)

Regards
    Garima
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 29, 2015, 12:31 AM
    You are welcome, Garima. Glad you found the solution to your cistern problem on your own !

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My toilet won't flush but all inside cistern looks to be functioning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my toilet won't flush. Inside the cistern the part attached to the handle is pulling up but it must have come loose inside the plastic container. I can, just about, fit my finger down in underneath the plastic container and when I 'flush', the part does go up but nothing happens. I does sound...

How do I change the flush syphon in a close coupled cistern [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever the buttons on top of the cistern are pressed, the cistern makes a noise like a dog barking. Also, every now and again, water continues to syphon after flushing. Never having changed a flush in a close coupled toilet, I was wondering if it is a job best left for the professionals.

My toilet cistern tank won't flush every time [ 4 Answers ]

When flushing my toilet cistern tank. It will not flush every time, it some times take 3 or more presses of the handle before it will flush.

Toilet Cistern-numerous tries to flush [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have to crank the flush lever several times before my toilet flushes. A neighbour suggested that the "plastic flap valve" inside te siphon needs replcing. Can anyone confirm if this is the probable cause and if so how would I go about doing this? Any help appreciated. :confused:

View more questions Search