Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmm47172 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2015, 06:24 AM
    Is windows 8 the biggest piece of to ever come down the pipe?
    No description needed as the question title says it all.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 27, 2015, 06:40 AM
    Tools are only as good as the people who use it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 27, 2015, 08:38 AM
    Why are you asking? It's common knowledge that Win10 was designed to appease the countless people who hated Win8 with a passion. And all of us who were sold a computer with 8 got 10 for free, a while ago.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 27, 2015, 09:12 AM
    No, Windows Vista was far worse, but ME takes the ultimate prize.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 28, 2015, 03:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    No, Windows Vista was far worse, but ME takes the ultimate prize.
    Then there was 97 that even Gates couldn't stand.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 28, 2015, 05:55 AM
    Nope, not at all. I vote for Windows ME as the worst. It was foisted on the public just to generate revenue. Vista was not bad, the major problem with Vista was when upgrading from an older version. If you purchased a machine with Vista installed there were no real problems.

Win 8, however, was designed for the touch screen. If you didn't have a touch screen then it was cumbersome to use. Win 8.1 took care of some of that. And Win 10 brings it further along.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 28, 2015, 07:54 AM
    Having never used it I cannot really comment on it, but I have found that many people will approach each operating system not as something new or great but as something different and bad. It is admirable what Microsoft was trying to do with Windows 8, but they didn't execute it very well. It could have been worse, but it could have been better. They were going on the steam of Win7 and got a little cocky in my opinion. Reason for the 8.1 update.

I don't think any of the windows versions, once you get to the proper software level, are particularly bad. Win 95 was good, but Win98 pushed too far and wasn't as good. Win98 second release was a staple OS for a while. Win 2K was the NT line once more but more desktop friendly. Windows ME wasn't good, It was the desktop line pushed too far too quickly, but a lot of the issues were fixed in ME 2nd release. That one was stable and a decent OS. Windows XP was the BEST version to come out by Microsoft in a long time. They tried, if I recall correctly, to do a lot of upgrading and rewriting in windows vista, but a lot of it was rushed and poorly done. A lot of the fixes in WinXP were absent in the beta testing of Vista which concerned many and coloured the release negatively. I had Vista on a laptop for years and it worked fine.

Then Win7 came along. It REALLY seemed like Vista Second Release, but rebranded so it didn't look like they were just release crap, fixing it and then releasing. Windows 7 is what Win Vista should have been. Then the next step win 8. Crap then 8.1 the fix of the second release. Looking at it Microsoft does seem to take for granted the fact that people will endure a poor OS and then upgrade when the something better/newer comes along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

One piece Kohler 30 year old model Rialto 3402 1 piece toilet drains [ 2 Answers ]

What could be the cause of a one piece Kohler toilet, 30 year old model Rialto 3402, a 1 piece toilet tank to completely drain when the source water valve is turned off. When the source water is turned on and the tank if full there is no disturbance of the water in the bowl but looking into the...

Connecting piece to t-bar with no copper pipe left [ 2 Answers ]

The nut connected to the hot water shut off valve was stripped. I cut that piece off and brought a shark piece to stop the water flow. My plan was to disconnect the dishwaster and use that side. The shark did not work and I could not get it off. I cut it off which left me with just the t-bar. ...

Is there a mechanical, expandable piece that can fit a variety of pipe sizes 1-4 inch [ 0 Answers ]

What I am searching for is something that can go inside a metal pipe and hold in place without having to resort to using a pressurized bladder. I need it to be adjutable for piples of various internal diameters perhaps one to three inches, but it does not have to seal the pipe. I envision some...

Biggest L/D fear here! [ 19 Answers ]

As the end of my pregnancy nears, the more I ponder over labor and delivery. Honestly, I'm not nervous about the pain and all that jazz. My biggest labor/delivery fear is the possibility that I could "poo" on myself... :eek: Yikes!! So my question is, if anyone is comfortable answering, did this...

View more questions Search