Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sherry baro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2015, 10:17 AM
    Smell when washing first load of laundry
    I've noticed just recently that when I run my washer for the first time that day that there is a sewer smell n gas coming out of the drain. I am on city water, house is on slab foundation. Washer was just purchased a few months ago. After the first time the washer drains there is no smell or gases. Could someone please give advice?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 24, 2015, 11:56 AM
    Sounds like your trap is going dry. Are you draining into a floor drain or what? Traps normally have water trapped in a U shaped section, this stops sewer gas from backing into the home. https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...FQwdPgodfrsAQw

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas smell coming from washing machine phroid files in laundry room [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas smell coming from washing machine. We don't have gas in our house. Last year we had a phroid flie problem coming from the same laundry room which is in the basement. Starting to see a couple of those flies again. Would that be a vent or a septic problem? Or do you think it's a broken...

This morning while doing my second load of laundry... [ 0 Answers ]

My toilet started gurgling/bubbling. I went to check it out and found soap bubbles in the toilet! Our home is 8 yrs old, with 3 toilets. There three of us living here. We had the septic tank cleaned out 2 yrs ago. The gentleman that did the work, made the comment - "You were probably a week away...

When we do a load of laundry our sewer bubbles,it came up once,what should we do? [ 2 Answers ]

Our sewer bubbles ever time we do a load of laundry.The machine is in the basement.The sewer us come up in the shower,is there anything you can suggest?

Washing in a unit without a laundry [ 1 Answers ]

My son has just moved into a rental unit . There is no laundry or shared laundry . Could you recommend a mobile washing machine for kitchen or bathroom. What would be the requirements for taps , sinks and drainage ? Cheers optimalrental

Sewer smell when washing clothes and metal smell in water [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved in a Lease to own house and after one month there is now a smell of sewer when washing clothes. The smell in the water has been here since day one and we are in the process of testing the well water. Can anyone help? I think we have a septic tank since we are on well water but the...

View more questions Search