Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smita1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2015, 09:18 AM
    My hot steel pot got stuck to the table top. Any Ideas on how I can remove it
    My hot steel pot got stuck to the table top. Any Ideas on how I can remove it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 24, 2015, 09:26 AM
    Pour boiling water in it, let it sit for a minute and then slowly lift one side. BTW, your finish is likely wrecked.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 24, 2015, 11:29 PM
    Yes, the top of the table is ruined, the finish will be bad and most likely large burn marks that may be impossible to take out.
    It is likely that the varnish or coating melted and is what is stuck. If putting boiling water in it, does not help. Really just pull very hard. The damage is pretty well already done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My plate is stuck in my pot! [ 15 Answers ]

I have a teen. After eating their meal, & without intention, "someone" (inadvertently) dropped their plastic flat dish into a pot (filled with water), with the same circumference. The pot was in the sink waiting to be washed, soaking some food that had been stuck after cooking. My problem: I...

How do I remove black rubber tire stains from a very light oak table top? [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved across the country in the heat of the South. My mover put two black tires on top of my oak table top! How do I get the stain off?

Toilet fill valve is stuck, any ideas how to remove it? *Newbie* [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to install a new 'Korky toilet fill valve and premium flapper' in my 81yr old dad's toilet.. I have never done this before, I shut off the water under the tank and removed the nut under the old fill valve, however when I attempt to remove the old fill valve only part of it comes...

View more questions Search