Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello1988 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2015, 11:50 AM
    Medical diagnosis
    Hello, I have a question. I recently went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a std trichamonais and I am a female. It started with a discomfort when I had to urinate which went on for about 2 weeks then went away. I thought it was a uti so I started drinking more water and juice and I already drink plenty of water. The pain during urination went away but then the discharge started so I went to the ER. I told my sex partner which is a male to go get checked and he did. And he says they told him that he doesn't have a std. But he does have a uti and a small hole in his intestines and has to get surgery for it. So how did I get a std when he was the only person I had been with? Did his infections possibly cause me to get that std? Because I don't see what other possible way I got it if I was only with him and he doesn't have it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2015, 12:18 PM
    You usually only get an STD from being exposed to a person with that STD.. some exposed to body fluids of a contaminated person (think AIDS) and really very few does the Toilet seat thing apply.

What STD was it so we can advise if someone is telling someone else a lie. Then we can tell you the means of transmission for it.

Sep 22, 2015, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You usually only get an STD from being exposed to a person with that STD.. some exposed to body fluids of a contaminated person (think AIDS) and really very few does the Toilet seat thing apply.

What STD was it so we can advise if someone is telling someone else a lie. Then we can tell you the means of transmission for it.
    It was tricamonais
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 22, 2015, 12:40 PM
    Here is an interesting blog that may give you some insights.

My wife has trichomoniasis, but we are faithful? - STDs - MedHelp
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2015, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello1988 View Post
    It was tricamonais
    It's trichomoniasis, a parasite. Read more here -- STD Facts - Trichomoniasis

Sep 22, 2015, 01:07 PM
    I still don't understand how I have it and he doesn't 😒
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2015, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello1988 View Post
    I still don't understand how I have it and he doesn't 
    Maybe his doctor missed something. Tell him to get a recheck and mention your situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The accountant for Hallmark Medical Co. a medical services consulting firm, mistaken [ 1 Answers ]

The accountant for Hallmark Medical Co. a medical services consulting firm, mistakenly omitted adjusting entries for (a) unearned revenue earned during the year ($25,370) and (b) accrued wages ($5,370).

Medical Premium Medical Expenses in Tax for H1b [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have one question regarding Health insurance Premium. I am on H1B visa holder and working in US. My company has some medical insurance plans but the premium is little higher. Hence, I decided to go with individual insurance from outside. I understand that if our medical expenses are more...

HIPAA Violation when a medical diagnosis is printed on a receipt / appointment card? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-wife keeps sending me bills for behavioral health for my child. But on these so called bills, that are handwritten by the Doctor's Office, they actually put my child's medical behavioral health diagnosis. Is that a common practice or is it a violation of HIPAA?

Can an employer ask about medical background based on a past due medical bill? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer question the nature of a medical bill or your medical background based on a past due medical bill on your credit report?

Medical diagnosis [ 6 Answers ]

I have a teenage daughter who has a serious medical problem. She has had several surgeries and has missed many days of school because of her illness.She does not look sick or compromised in any way so her symptoms are often minimized. This past year was very challenging and she was very ill. I...

View more questions Search