Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2015, 08:27 PM
    Psycho and rich man
    May be I become a psycho. I read many motivational books and I'm really interested to become successful business man like bill gate and warren buffet. They are world No.1. No one can say one day I can't be like them. But now my situation, I have to know many knowledges, strategies, times and have to sacrifice many things. So, I am not happy. Although I know that most of the rich man who are not world first can also use a lot of moneys, travel around the world and do things what they want, but my mind still give trouble to myself.
    I don't need methods to become world No.1 but I need methods to kill my greed and build peaceful life.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 22, 2015, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean999 View Post
    May be I become a psycho. I read many motivational books and I'm really interested to become successful business man like bill gate and warren buffet. They are world No.1. No one can say one day I can't be like them. But now my situation, I have to know many knowledges, strategies, times and have to sacrifice many things. So, I am not happy. Although I know that most of the rich man who are not world first can also use a lot of moneys, travel around the world and do things what they want, but my mind still give trouble to myself.
    I don't need methods to become world No.1 but I need methods to kill my greed and build peaceful life.
    Having a peaceful life and being successful in the range of Bill Gates are almost mutually exclusive things.

You're right in so much that no one can tell you that you won't be as successful as the people you mentioned. What we can tell you is that most successful people had money to begin with, or were in the right place at the right time to become successful. Bill gates is the latter. A lot of people became successful as a new technology because available but lost it all. Having good business information and knowledge means approximately nothing if you don't know how to apply it. I have explicit knowledge of how to kill and dismember a person. I don't expect ever to use that knowledge. You might have the best business knowledge on the planet but if you don't use it then you'll be forever washing cars or flipping burgers.

As for your other internal struggles. Seek help. Even if it is only someone to talk to. It is a sign of strength not weakness. Remember that.

Sep 22, 2015, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Having a peaceful life and being successful in the range of Bill Gates are almost mutually exclusive things.

You're right in so much that no one can tell you that you won't be as successful as the people you mentioned. What we can tell you is that most successful people had money to begin with, or were in the right place at the right time to become successful. Bill gates is the latter. A lot of people became successful as a new technology because available but lost it all. Having good business information and knowledge means approximately nothing if you don't know how to apply it. I have explicit knowledge of how to kill and dismember a person. I don't expect ever to use that knowledge. You might have the best business knowledge on the planet but if you don't use it then you'll be forever washing cars or flipping burgers.

As for your other internal struggles. Seek help. Even if it is only someone to talk to. It is a sign of strength not weakness. Remember that.

First, I want to say thank you. I don't know who you are. But I believe that you can teach someone what is strength, what is weakness. I appreciate it. Glad to get your advice. And now I will try not to get too many knowledge but to get knowledge to know how to use knowledge in right time according to your saying. Thank you again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2015, 11:14 PM
    I tell my story often. I at one time in my life, was living in upstate New York, I had a large estate on a lake. A helicopter came to get me for work many days. I drove a custom sports car, owed several other cars. Had a house keeper and a live in Nanny that raised the children. Also had a beautiful girlfriend (who was on the Miss Universe contest) and more than I could ever explain. I have meet every president from Carter to the second Bush.

Never happy, money and things can not bring real happiness. LOL esp when the wife finds out about the girlfriend. I left all of that, to live a quiet life on a farm in south Georgia. And later work more simple jobs...

One of the most "happy" man, I ever meet was doing life in prison for some murders, and he told me a secret, that his body was in prison but his mind and soul was free.

One answer I found... I made a list of everything I thought I could not live without, and got rid of them, I was not bound by things...

Sep 23, 2015, 12:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I tell my story often. I at one time in my life, was living in upstate New York, I had a large estate on a lake. A helicopter came to get me for work many days. I drove a custom sports car, owed several other cars. Had a house keeper and a live in Nanny that raised the children. Also had a beautiful girlfriend (who was on the Miss Universe contest) and more than I could ever explain. I have meet every president from Carter to the second Bush.

Never happy, money and things can not bring real happiness. LOL esp when the wife finds out about the girlfriend. I left all of that, to live a quiet life on a farm in south Georgia. And later work more simple jobs...

One of the most "happy" man, I ever meet was doing life in prison for some murders, and he told me a secret, that his body was in prison but his mind and soul was free.

One answer I found... I made a list of everything I thought I could not live without, and got rid of them, I was not bound by things...

Glad to know you have amazing life that I want. Money and things are not real happiness. For me who is now starting life, sometimes although my heart can accept but my brain can't accept. However, I will try the best for my life, in other side, I will also find my freedom. Thank you for your methods.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2015, 05:13 AM
    If your mission and heart n life, is to accumulate wealth, you will not find happiness, the richest person in the world, is never happy with what they have, they always want more, or are afraid that someone is going to try and take what they have.

You will see that most have body guards, private security and at times even small armies (it seams)

Sep 23, 2015, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If your mission and heart n life, is to accumulate wealth, you will not find happiness, the richest person in the world, is never happy with what they have, they always want more, or are afraid that someone is going to try and take what they have.

You will see that most have body guards, private security and at times even small armies (it seams)

I think that this time you and me have different ideas because of different background. If I am a rich man, at least, I can buy latest iPhone to my wife, create job opportunities for my children and I can ride fast car together with my friends. I am not rejecting to your ideas. I just wish get wealth and happinese together.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 23, 2015, 08:31 AM
    Be grateful for what you have (wife and family) and give them what you have (love) and be happy until the wealth rolls in. No telling when that will be right?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 23, 2015, 08:48 AM
    Find out more about the life of Warren Buffet. He has billions, but lives very modestly, and gives most of his money to charity, even though he has children. He laughs a lot. He shows no signs of the usual stress and many people have.

I lived very frugally from 17 to 64, because I didn't want to join the rat race of working all the time. Then 4 years ago my father died, and left me some money. I occasionally want all sorts of expensive things, trips, homes, cars (yes, even an iphone, which I've never had). But I find it difficult to stop being frugal.

I DO sometimes make an expensive purchase. I am thrilled - for a day, a week, a month. But almost immediately I get what I call Post Purchase Depression (a play on post partum depression).
    I would have traded every dime to have my dad back.
    I bought a 1957 Chevy because it reminded me of the one we had when I was 11, but it didn't take the place of my dad, and I gave it to my nephews.
    Love your loved ones.
    (Oh and read more about Buffet.)

Sep 23, 2015, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Find out more about the life of Warren Buffet. He has billions, but lives very modestly, and gives most of his money to charity, even though he has children. He laughs a lot. He shows no signs of the usual stress and many people have.

I lived very frugally from 17 to 64, because I didn't want to join the rat race of working all the time. Then 4 years ago my father died, and left me some money. I occasionally want all sorts of expensive things, trips, homes, cars (yes, even an iphone, which I've never had). But I find it difficult to stop being frugal.

I DO sometimes make an expensive purchase. I am thrilled - for a day, a week, a month. But almost immediately I get what I call Post Purchase Depression (a play on post partum depression).
    I would have traded every dime to have my dad back.
    I bought a 1957 Chevy because it reminded me of the one we had when I was 11, but it didn't take the place of my dad, and I gave it to my nephews.
    Love your loved ones.
    (Oh and read more about Buffet.)

Mr. Buffet is not only successful rich man but also the master of business administration theories. I like him very much. I will learn more about him of course. Thank you and may god bless you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rich man poor man beggarman thief poem - Altered Poem [ 1 Answers ]

Rich man poor man beggarman thief poem that was altered to talk about the relationship of one man with another. That only one man can understand what another man is going through in his life. Even though you may be married and have a wonderful relationship with your wife... it is another man that...

Woman pretends to be a newly rich man's relative [ 0 Answers ]

I’m looking for a film from either the 50’s or 60’s where a man has become Rich, and a woman tricks him into believing she is a family relative of his. She re-enacts Old games saying "we played them when we were kids", Including vaulting over each other, and when they both fall over she jumps...

Name of movie where rich businessmen go on man hunt [ 1 Answers ]

The take some guy (can't remember if he went as a servant or something like that) and feed him loads of drink and food etc - they went into the mountains and then forced the guy run off with the view to hunting him down after a few hours. Anyway, the guy turns the table on the hunters and one by...

View more questions Search