Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faraz8842121 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2015, 10:12 AM
    Helping non-muslim poor.
    Asalam o alaikum
    Want to ask that helping poor non-muslim is allowed in Islam or not.

Today one charity trust people non-muslim came to me for help but I didn't.
    I want to know that weather I did right or wrong.
    I am thought from my childhood from whom I learn reading quran that person thought me that helping non-muslim is not good.

Please help me by answering my question...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2015, 10:17 AM
    Just think of a "Charity" if it was only restricted to "White" people or only "blue eyed". Muslim only also fits here. I would think that a Supreme Being would expect charity for all races and creeds. "Do unto others....."
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2015, 01:22 PM
    How would YOU like it if Non-Muslims refused to help you because you are Muslims. This works both ways...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 08:13 PM
    No, the Quran teaches you are not, as a Muslim suppose to help any non Muslim, in fact you are not even suppose to be friends with them, (unless it is to your benefit)

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."
    Qur'an (5:80) - "You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve; certainly evil is that which their souls have sent before for them, that Allah became displeased with them and in chastisement shall they abide." Those Muslims who befriend unbelievers will abide in hell.
    Qur'an (3:28) - "Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them..." This last part means that the Muslim is allowed to feign friendship if it is of benefit. Renowned scholar Ibn Kathir states that "believers are allowed to show friendship outwardly, but never inwardly."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fasting by poor,severely ill but young muslim [ 1 Answers ]

Sir my question from u is that if someone is very poor financially and ill so much that he cannot fast how will he pay his fidia .what is islamic rule for him /her , as he is not in the state of making someone eat as he doesn't have too much to satisfy his family.

Helping a Non-muslim [ 4 Answers ]

Assalam'alikom Is it right to help a Non-muslim? And do we get any reward in doing so? Jazakallah..

Transulation of "helping hands for poor and needy" [ 1 Answers ]

Transulation of "helping hands for poor and needy"

View more questions Search