Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkraptor70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2015, 10:27 PM
    What do I have to do if I want to buy a BB gun from Amazon and have in delivered in B
    I am looking to buy a Smith & Wesson 327 TRR8 CO2 BB Revolver form Amazon, mainly to use it as a screen prop. Now I am well aware that Amazon does not deliver goods in my country (Bangladesh) and I will have to manage someone who can bring it for me.

Now my question is what I have to do to make sure the gun passes custom checkpoint without any significant trouble. To be more specific:

1. Do I/he have to pay a duty fee or any other kind of fee for a single gun which is for personal use? If so how much?
    2. Since the gun dose fire metal slugs at around 350/400 FPS, what are the possibilities of custom confiscating it as a weapon?
    3. Do I/he need special permission to bring a BB gun inside his baggage?
    4. Do I need a license for a BB gun in my country? If so what are the requirements?
    5. Do BB guns are counted as firearms in Bangladesh?
    6. And lastly, if the legal obstacles unfortunately proves too much of a trouble, any idea how I can have it sneak in without any major problems?

Thanks in advance for anyone who answer these questions!

PS: Before anyone suggest that I should buy a replica gun, I would like to point out most of them are quite expensive and for me the 85 USD price for the BB gun is actually quite high as that equals to around BDT 8,500. Also, a functioning gun has more screen use than an replica.

PPS: I apologize for any spelling and grammars errors in advance but since English is not my native language I find it difficult to communicated with it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 02:24 AM
    To question #3. Guns cannot be carried on an airplane. Neither on the person, in carry on luggage, nor checked luggage.

To question #6. The members of this site will not assist with illegal activity.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 06:53 AM
    Guns can be carried as a "checked bag" my family does it all the time, special metal containers. No ammo can be transported.

I goggled BB guns in India, I found sellers, Ebay sales and more.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 06:57 AM
    I was mistaken. Fr. Chuck is correct. Funds can be transported in a checked bag is a specially locked gun safe, if you will. Hunters do it all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I list purchases from Amazon by Amazon or by the sub vendor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of purchases from Amazon that are from separate vendors using Amazon sales portal, they are mostly one offs... do I list them as separate vendors or just under the main main Amazon account in my ledger?

What does a legal non immigrant need to buy a gun? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2008, legally since day 1, and after someone tried to break in my house, I took a safety pistol course and then I tried to purchase a gun following all the requirements for legal non inmigrants: ID, 90 days bills, hunting license,etc. Everything was OK but when the...

Order never delivered! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi guys, The consumer depot site has been a real bad experience for me. On 16th July, I placed an order for a 1 gb sony memory stick with the website overstockdealz.com. They told me the order was dispatched on 21st July via standard shipping service (USPS). This order has not yet come to me...

View more questions Search