Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PandaBEAR101 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Bad Mother?
    A friend of mine is going through a divorce, and is finding out that his ex wife is becoming more and more unstable. They are getting divorced because the ex wife has cheated. They have two young children together, and have 50/50 custody right now. But the mother is only using the kids to get the father's attention. She only wants the kids when she feels like, or when she is supposed to have them, she calls to tell him she is sick. This happens about twice a week. Also she will say she is "coming over to see the kids" and spend the whole time she is there yelling at the father. She also leaves strange messages and the father's phone saying suicidal things like "I'm leaving. You will never see me again." But the big thing is last week she came to his house to pick up the kids. She put the children in the car and rammed her car into his parked car! He called the police but the officer said he can't do anything because it was on private property. But she told the officer she did it because she was mad. Now my friend is really scared to have his children be alone with their mother. Does this give him a right to file for full custody of his children?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 11, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Well these thing can be very stressfully, but your friend needs to protect himself. These are mostly fathers sites there are also plenty of them for moms, and plenty of resources for moms. Many of them talk of the rights of the parents but it is really about the rights of the kids.

Men's Rights Online - Child Custody Issues
    WELCOME TO - FATHERS-4-JUSTICE(R) US
    Domestic Violence
    Don't Make Her Mad -- Hell hath no fury like a false allegation
    l99057j Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Apr 11, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaBEAR101
    He called the police but the officer said he can't do anything because it was on private property. But she told the officer she did it because she was mad.
    I think there is some bad information here. It doesn't matter whether you are on private property or not... child endangerment is child endangerment. If she put kids into a vehicle and intentionally rammed it into another object, and all of that was documented by the officer (including her admission) this shouldn't be too hard to pursue. I'm not a lawyer, but I've seen kids taken away from parents for things that (in my opinion) were not as serious as this. Talk to another officer, someone higher up. Also, find a good attorney and have a consultation.
    PandaBEAR101 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Thank you guys. He is talking with his attorney soon, so hopefully something can be done about this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

My Mother [ 13 Answers ]

My mom is a little crazy. First I thought she was stupid but now I'm pretty sure she's crazy. First some background information on my mother, she's illiterate and has very little education, OK that's enough background information. The problem is that she's convinced that there are cameras in the...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad Debt and Bad Debt allocation [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help with the following accounting exercise? The following info was listed in company X balance sheet as of 2005 Aacounts Rec for 2004 150,000 Aacounts Rec for 2005 250,000 Allowance for bad debt in 2004 was 8,200 Allowance for bad debt in 2005 was 12,000

Please Help me help my mother [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is jermaine, I'm new to this board. My mother who is 65yrs of age has a occupier staying in her basement located in new york, he was paying a occupancy fee for a total of about 3-4 months. He stopped paying the occupancy fee in end of June and stated that he will be leaving leaving...

View more questions Search