Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lordstannis Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2015, 10:55 PM
    Should I wait to message this girl I asked out at her job?
    So, I went to a store today with my sister, we were looking around and I kept making eye contact with this really cute girl that works there, I made a joke, she laughed and we left. Anyway, I went back and my sister went to a different store so I was talking to her, asked which product was best and I bought one. I decided to go back to get her number, but I also acted like I wanted to change my product, so we chatted for about 10 minutes and eventually I asked her what time she got off and if she wanted to go out sometime. She had been making direct eye-contact throughout the time I was there, laughing, etc. Anyway she was like, "I don't know" and threw her arms in the air. She said she didn't know me so I just offered her my number and said she could text me, so I gave her my number and left. Not 10 minutes later she added me on Facebook. What should I do? I understand her reasoning, we had a nice exchange but I'm just a random guy. Should I wait a few days to message her? Wait for her to message me? Text me? Please help, this girl is gorgeous and just... ah.. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2015, 03:17 AM
    You chat with her a few days, get to know her. Then ask her out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 19, 2015, 06:34 AM
    She is giving you a chance to communicate and get to know YOU safely, so why wait? Take advantage of the Facebook opportunity to show her your good side, and see if she gives you her number to talk to each other.

I wouldn't expect her to call you, but you can show some social media interest, find out her likes and dislikes and see if it progresses to a more personal level (like a date). Do expect her to go slow since you are just a random guy.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 19, 2015, 07:14 AM
    I don't see any reason why you can message her, she added you to Facebook, what would you be waiting for?
    How old are the two of you?

Sep 19, 2015, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I don't see any reason why you can message her, she added you to Facebook, what would you be waiting for?
    How old are the two of you?
    No reason I CAN message her? I'm 20, she's 19.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2015, 08:29 AM
    Just so you know... Direct eye contact will be made by ANYONE good at their job working with others. However if she added you on Facebook.. then she wants to get to know more about you. At this point nothing is certain... so you talk and see where it goes from there if she finds enough to interest her... it could easily go either way even if you do everything right.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 19, 2015, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lordstannis View Post
    I meant can't

Sep 19, 2015, 10:00 AM
    I meant can't
    What exactly do I message her? Do I mention the hair product I bought? Or what?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2015, 10:06 AM

Seriously dude... if you don't know what to say to her... you aren't ready to be dating her.

That's not meant to be rude... but it is true. Because you will have to think of something to say after that...and after that and you can't be asking someone what to say, it has to come from inside....something that's appropriate for the moment. Otherwise you are going to come across as award or worse.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2015, 10:08 AM
    Thank her for adding you on Fb. Then ask her a question, like how long has she worked at the store where you met her.

Sep 19, 2015, 11:00 AM
    I just realized she messaged me as soon as she added me but since we had no mutual connections it went to my archive. FML.
    Expert

Sep 19, 2015, 12:23 PM
    Message her back, and apologize for being a dummy that forgot to put her on his contact list.

Sep 19, 2015, 12:27 PM
    She messaged me and said "i would get some food some night. even tho i dont know u, u seem sweet and it sounds rebellious and fun lol" I told her food some night would be great and that I didn't know her either but she seemed cool. That was about 2 hours ago. She saw it... now what ? I don't want to message her again and seem needy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2015, 12:35 PM
    She messaged me and said "i would get some food some night. even tho i dont know u, u seem sweet and it sounds rebellious and fun lol" I told her food some night would be great and that I didn't know her either but she seemed cool. That was about 2 hours ago. She saw it... now what ? I don't want to message her again and seem needy.
    Ask her when would be a good night/time for her. (Are you really having so much trouble with this? Are we going to go on your date via your smartphone to help you with conversation?)

Sep 20, 2015, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Ask her when would be a good night/time for her. (Are you really having so much trouble with this? Are we going to go on your date via your smartphone to help you with conversation?)
    Lol sorry. It's not a big deal.

She didn't message me back so she's not interested, obviously. Thanks for all the advice though.
    Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 05:43 AM
    You weren't expecting instant success were you? Just chill and see what happens. Not getting a text back in YOUR timetable is no big deal.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 07:24 AM
    You didn't get right back to her either. Chill out. She will get back when she can or send her a "hello" text. There is no set of rules. Just don't be intrusive and rude.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 20, 2015, 10:36 AM
    Homegirl obviously meant CANT
    iseah100 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2015, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You weren't expecting instant success were you? Just chill and see what happens. Not getting a text back in YOUR timetable is no big deal.
    ^.

though, she probably ain't in to you. It probably was just a courtesy thing so she doesn't feel as bad. Don't worry, there is other girls.

I know rejection, trust me lol.

Sep 20, 2015, 05:29 PM
    You didn't get right back to her either. Chill out. She will get back when she can or send her a "hello" text. There is no set of rules. Just don't be intrusive and rude.
    I don't have her number, just gave her mine. So, just wait for her to text me? And if she doesn't forget about her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I wait for a raise, or find a new job? [ 4 Answers ]

I work as a maintenance man at a hotel in my town. I have been there for 6 months. I am certified in industrial maintenance. I recently had my bi-annual performance evaluation and it was perfect! I realize this career averages 14-18 dollars an hour. I have exceeded my companys standards and even go...

I asked a girl out and another person asked her out as well [ 2 Answers ]

I've known this girl for 9 years and I asked her out but another person asked her out after I did and he's known her for a month what do I do to seem I ilke her more and I'm the better guy (P.S She and her friends think he's a bit of a pervert as he says " Can I feel your bum?")

I can be airhostess or not? How much time I had to wait for a job? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to the training classes of an airhostess?? I will be airhostess or not? How much time I had to wait for job?

Boyfriend wants time (no deadline),asked me not to wait, while he fig his hectic work [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to think. The last time we talked, he suddenly told me he really need some time alone. The day before, we just had a nice night out. Fact is, he's always really busy at work, and he hardly have anytime for me. I'm okay with that, except that at last time on the phone, he...

View more questions Search