Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2015, 12:10 PM
    Nursing Head Nurse
    When ask who was head nurse was at the hospital. They told me contact
    Practice Manager is that the new name for "Head Nurse" or is this person over the nurses??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 17, 2015, 02:49 PM
    We don't use the term "head nurse" any longer. The new term is "charge nurse." Never heard of "practice manager," typically the person above the charge nurse is the House Supervisor. Ther terms, though, would be facility specific and be different from one hospital to another.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2015, 03:25 PM
    Wonderful information thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Develop a nursing care plan for this patient identifying 8 nursing diagnoses [ 1 Answers ]

Mr.Tom is an 81 yr. old man who has been admitted to the ward earlier in the day from home.he is in an unconscious state having suffered a stroke which has affected his right side. He is breathing spontaneously, lying on his left side and he is receiving O2 via a simple mask at 5L/min. he has an IV...

Do you like Palliative care nursing (Cancer Nurse)? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to be a nurse and work with people with cancer and leukemia but all my friends and family think that its too depressing, but they don't understand, so is there anyone who already is a palliative care nurse do you find your job too depressing and would you recommend that career path to anyone...

Nursing questions for student nurse [ 0 Answers ]

Hello there to whom it may concern my name is mary and I had a couple of questions for a student nurse if anyone is interested please email me. 1.where will you obtain your degree & why did you choose this program? 2.what is your defenition of nursing? 3.how would you describe your role as a...

View more questions Search