Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raftany Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2015, 10:39 AM
    Wrongly summoned by a law firm for $35000 debt .I had to file a response and pay $
    Wrongly summoned by a law firm for $35000 debt from Chase Bank.I had to file a response and pay $355 fee to a Superior Court in San Diego, The lawyer then send me further questions. I answered Then he was convinced and dismissed the case . I called the court to get my money back ,they said a judgement has been entered. The judgement has affected my credit as well.Is there a way that I could get at least my $355 back.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 17, 2015, 10:55 AM
    Which is it? The case was dismissed, or a judgment was entered against you? Are you sure you didn't misunderstand, and it is a judgment dismissing the case?

I assume the $350 is a charge the court imposes for filing an answer? That does seem unusual, especially for a small claims case. But if that is the case, no, you can't get your money back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summons from a law firm / debt collecter - but not filed in court (yet) [ 2 Answers ]

Last night some guy knocked on my door and presented me with a summons listing a credit card company as plaintiff, with a law firm listed on the final page ("Attorneys in the Practice of Debt Collection" is listed under the law firm name). This credit card company has sold this debt to at least two...

Law firm Debt Collector is delaying Trial [ 7 Answers ]

I have a credit card debt that a law firm is litigating. We are at the stage whereby the case has gone through pretrial. I moved for the court to deny plaintiff's request for phone testimony. Now the plaintiff's attorney doesn't want to file papers to go to trial. My question is; is there a time...

Attempt to Collect Debt - Law Firm [ 6 Answers ]

I received a letter from a law firm who says they represent Capital One. This is the first letter I have received from anyone after Capital One sent me the bill and said they were turning it over to a collection firm. This letter gave me 30 days to dispute deby etc. and wants me to contact their...

Debt Collection Law Firm refused to take my payment? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if what I've been hearing is true or if it's just another one of those myths that people make up to feel good about themselves. I live in Wisconsin and have a $1,200.00 bill with the Children's Hospital that has been turned over to one of those collections law firms and they...

Law Firm Debt Collectors [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! On 9/4/08, I received a collection letter (from a law firm)for credit card debt I admit I owe, maybe not as much, I think they have tacked on $1,000.00 in fees. They offered me a settlement for a little over half but they want it in 2 weeks. I paid $1,000.00 already but will not be able to...

View more questions Search