Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2015, 02:52 AM
    What kind of coupling would br righy for conecting main line pipe
    I am installing a full bath room in basement I need to tie into the ol pipe ad trsition to pvc
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 16, 2015, 10:03 AM
    What material is the old pipe made of? What is the inside diameter of the old pipe? How will this bathroom be vented?
    Back to you , Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2015, 02:22 PM
    In addition to Tom's questions, I'll add, PVC?? I would not use PVC but CPVC.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 16, 2015, 05:49 PM
    My guess here is we are talking about a DRAIN line. If that is the case, the drain is either cast iron, PVC or ABS pipe. Once we know the pipe type we can tell you the proper transition clamp, OK?

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vent pipe or main line clog again [ 1 Answers ]

Back in Jan we had a main line clog, we replaced all the pipes under the house which fixed it until now (3/14/14) Our toilet bubbled yesterday and sometime we hear gurgles Today my husband woke up used the bathroom and the toilet will not flush he tried plunging it and nothing happens we ran water...

Galvanized pipe main water line [ 1 Answers ]

My recently purchased house has what I think is a galvanized main water line entering into the basement. There is a very uniform bulge in the pipe before it reaches the main water shut off valve. I have two concerns. First, although the bulge appears to be too perfect to be due to freezing, I...

Water seeping up through ground pipe next to main line [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all. I have what looks like a 3/8 hollow copper rod coming up out of my basement floor next to my main water inlet pipe. It sticks up about 3 inches from the floor and is taped to my main line. The issue is that I all the sudden have water seeping up through this pipe for some reason. Ever...

Not sure if I have a busted pipe or a main line clog.. help [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I need help/ advice with these plumbing issues I am having in my home. Here's the story: Last Sunday I was washing dishes when my husband told me the toilet was clogged. We started to plunge the toilet but I noticed the water raising in the toilet so I went to bail some water in the tub...

How do install a main line cleanout in clay pipe? Pipe exposed, existing wye capped. [ 23 Answers ]

I would like to install a cleanout for my main drain line from my house to the city sewer system. There is no existing cleanout access for the main sewer drain line. House details: Huntington Beach, CA single-family tract house built 1960. Today I dug a hole to access the clay drain line. ...

View more questions Search