Ask
    lhjackson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2015, 02:48 PM
    Finding the indicated function
    What is the indicated value of the function f(x)=4x-7
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 16, 2015, 05:49 AM
    Presumably you have been given a value for x, right? You simply plug that value into the formula to determine the value of the function at that value of x. For example at x=10 you have f(10) = 4 x 10 - 7 = 33. Hence the value of the function f at x=10 is 33.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding a function [ 0 Answers ]

given the function defined by g(x)=2x-5, find g(-3)

finding the indicated value function? [ 1 Answers ]

here's the question: Let f(x)= 4x-3 and h(x)= -5 7. Find the indicated value. here's the problem: h(x) when x= -5 I don't get this at all we just started working on this today in class I need help!:(

finding two final equation of the 1) a sine function and 2) a cosine function [ 0 Answers ]

a man is standing 14 m away from the center of a spinning wheel that is 4m off the ground, spins at 4 rotations a second and has a diameter of 3m. If the man is 1.5m tall. Find the equation of the movement of a point and then determine how close does his head get from any part of the wheel?

Finding indicated values for the function [ 12 Answers ]

the function of x f(x)=4x-7 a) f(3) b) f(-5) the teacher told my son a) was the right answer. Why? If I can understand how to solve, I can help him. thanks, ginger wages

Finding a function [ 1 Answers ]

A poster is 8 inches longer than it is wide. Find a function that models its area A in terms of its width w. A= Can someone please help me with this function

View more questions Search