Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 15, 2015, 09:03 AM
    50% or 80% load
    Not a homework question!

I'm brain dead at the moment (no slurs please) I've forgotten, what the percentage of load an appliance can pull before it can be the only device on the circuit.

Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2015, 01:02 PM
    Which appliance? What's the amp at that circuit?

Sep 15, 2015, 01:56 PM
    Neither of those matter. It's the percentage of the circuit load that appliance "X" draws.

I dig it out when I get home tonight.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2015, 04:06 AM
    Don, are you thinking about 210.23(A)(2)...?

Sep 16, 2015, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hfcarson View Post
    Don, are you thinking about 210.23(A)(2)...?

Yes, thanks. I got home and looked it up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I beam size to carry a 250 ton load. Its five feet long and the load is in the middle [ 0 Answers ]

Thanks for your reply ebaines. The 2" plate is part of a support base for a casing jack which is used to pull pipe out of the ground. The hole is where the pipe comes up through the base.The hydraulic cylinder that is used to pull the pipe is actualy a hollow cylinder that sits over the hole...

I have read that a circuit can drive a 7 ampere load.how mny watts?=7A load. [ 4 Answers ]

What appliances in our home work on 7A.) how to relate the ampere to watt conversion(eg:a bulb of 15 w need how many amp of current?

Kenmore elite front load takes a long time to go through the 2nd load [ 0 Answers ]

My kenmore elite front load goes through the various cycles with the 1st load fine but it takes a very long time (hours) to go through the 2nd load with the same settings as the 1st.

Kenmore front load washer won't agitate/spin if load too heavy [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore front loading washer, model 417.43042200, won't agitate or spin to complete the cycle if the load is too heavy, such as 5 bath towels. If I take off the back and help turn the drum in the agitate or spin mode it will agitate/spin and complete the cycle. The pump still drains the tub. If...

277/480 load after transformer = to 120/208 load feed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 800 amp 120/208 3P stand up section that feeds a step up 90kva transformer and the loads are nearly equal? I thought that after the transformer the load of 277/480 would be drawing less. We have about 500 amps per phase being drawn in front of the transformer and the load at the sub...

View more questions Search