Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulnkelly66 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2015, 07:04 AM
    Heating outside enclosed deck/patio
    We have a 17x15 enclosed deck and looking to heat appx 2-3 hrs per day. Any suggestions for quality electrical heating unit? Thanks.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2015, 12:49 PM
    Are you looking for a portable heating unit or permanently install unit that is hard wired. Any unit that you get will have to have 240 volts to operate efficiently.

If you have to run a 240 line I would suggest a permanently installed unit.

Chuck
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2015, 02:12 PM
    For that limited amount of time, I would get a small non vented gas fireplace or blue flame wall heater and run it on a 100# LP gas cylinder. If you lose power, you will still have heat!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2015, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    For that limited amount of time, I would get a small non vented gas fireplace or blue flame wall heater and run it on a 100# LP gas cylinder. If you lose power, you will still have heat!
    Would likely be cheaper too. Electric most places (if not all) is the most expensive heating option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Planning new concrete patio in area enclosed on 3 sides [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the planning phase of pouring a concrete patio that I plan on staining and scoring. I am having trouble with the layout because the area is surrounded on two sides by the house' foundation and on one side by a side walk. The area is approx. 100 sf. I understand the need for expanion...

Deck vs Paver Patio [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I live down the jersey shore in Tinton Falls NJ and when I moved in here we knew we had to replace the deck on the house. Here is my dilemma, I only plan on staying in NJ for next 7 years and than retiring and returning to NC. What's the better investment knowing I will be moving in 7 years....

Wood Deck over Concrete Patio [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to build a deck over my concrete patio but the problem is I have only about 4 1/2 inches between between slab and top of concrete house slab. Therefore, I can only use 2x4s for supporting the low profile deck. All deck do it yourself books recommend a minimum 2x6 for deck joists. Is...

Covered patio on/near pool deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. My backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. This will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. It is a cool deck (I think that's the right kind), it looks kind of...

View more questions Search