Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2015, 01:08 PM
    After car accident,the fault party insurance refuse to pay wrecker service in full
    I had a car accident in TX. The insurance company of the fault party is passing the wrecker service responsibility to me accusing me for not mitigating the damage after the accident. However, the fact is that they have been delaying my case. Three weeks after the accident, they were still waiting for the police report and a statement from their insured. I purchased only liability coverage. Therefore, my insurance company is not responsible for fixing my car. I did not fix my car because I have been waiting for the decision of the faulty party's
    Insurance company regarding if they are going to repair or to total my car.

How can I make the fault party insurance company to pay for the wrecker service? Thank you
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 11, 2015, 02:06 PM
    Assuming things go well it will likely take several months for everything to be settled, so be patient. But please clarify what you mean by "accusing me for not mitigating the damage after the accident." Are you saying that the reason you needed towing service is because of something that happened AFTER the initial accident? Also, do you have a copy of the police report, and does it specifically lay fault on the other party?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2015, 06:36 AM
    The only way you can "make" the insurer pay is to sue them. I'm also curious about the insurer's claim.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 06:42 AM
    Often they delay and delay to try and get you to accept a lower settlement. And they will normally try to deny and pay less if possible.

You may have to sue the other driver (or/or car owner)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can auto insurance refuse to pay a claim for a driver that got a DUI for the accident [ 1 Answers ]

The insurance is with Allstate insurance. I was driving home the other night very late and I had been drinking. I hit a parked car. The folks whose car I hit called the police. I got out of the car, gave them my business card & then proceed to walk home. The police then picked me up on the way...

Michigan - I was in a car accident, not at fault and have no insurance. [ 7 Answers ]

Does that make me at fault? The man received the ticket for being at fault, and I received one for no proof of insurance. What are the penalties?

Indiana car accident, I had no insurance, not my fault. [ 6 Answers ]

I was driving down a two lane road on the outside lane when a 90 year old lady was waved on from a man stopped in the inside lane. I was going about 30 mph when she turned in front of me. She hit the driver side nose of my car, bounced off and hit me again in the driver door. Clearly it was her...

At fault car accident, other driver no insurance [ 8 Answers ]

I was parked along a curb and was pulling out into the street. I hit a car that came up along side me. My front/side bumper hit the side of her car (passenger side) towards the back. Clearly this was my fault. She was driving without insurance and didn't want the police called. I offered to give...

No Fault Car Accident - No Health Insurance [ 8 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident which the other driver is at fault. Stopped at a red light and was hit from the rear and rushed to the E.R. / was instructed by E.R. to get MRI done / paid out of pocket to go see a doctor and have MRI done + Meds. / monies are now exhausted / may have issues with #10...

View more questions Search