Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Sep 11, 2015, 11:54 AM
    Turbo your pc
    Just saw this on the internet. Instead of buying a new Computer, you can download the program and if you like it, it costs $8.95 to keep. Anyone seen
    Anything concerning this?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 11, 2015, 12:15 PM
    [STAY AWAY FROM IT!] It is a virus/malware wrapped up in a utility to make your PC run faster.

There are a few things you can do to speed up your computer. Do a soft rebuild of it. Take off the Operating System and put it back on. This clears out all the little things that accumulate on your computer over the years. You can upgrade your computer to run faster by add more ram. You can get a new computer.

You can't increase the speed of your computer by adding software to it. An analogy, you have a truck and it has boudlers in it. Some big (operating system, virus scanner) and some small (iPhone update checker). Each stone slows down your computer, er... truck. Now you come across this huge boulder which says it will make your truck run faster. You put it in. What do you think will happen? It will go slower! More weight, slower moving. The problem is that it was a trojan boulder with car thieves inside. They'll steal and then ransom your truck. Stay away from that boulder. Instead, see if you can't offload a boulder or two. Maybe dump them all out and repack your truck. While you're at it, maybe get a longer bed, or a more powerful engine. Maybe even a new truck.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Sep 11, 2015, 03:54 PM
    Thanks Craven. What makes it sad is the company shows the Logo's of CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC News and FOX as if they are promoting the product. I can not say that I have ever seen any of the News People touting it. If the New People were down playing their product, wouldn't you think they would take legal action against them using their Logo's?

PS How does one do a Soft Rebuild, never heard the term before nor do I know how to.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 11, 2015, 07:38 PM
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2015, 04:23 AM
    I can not say that I have ever seen any of the News People touting it. If the New People were down playing their product, wouldn't you think they would take legal action against them using their Logo's?
    Anyone can copy/paste an image on a web page. They news corps can't know every single instance of this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2015, 05:24 AM
    They make money from you, and will need more money later, plus learn things from your computer and lets you see lots of great ads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rite before turbo kicks in I get hesitation cough sputter turbo kicks black smoke rol [ 2 Answers ]

Before turbo kicks in I get hesition cough sputter turbo kicks in black smoke rolls. I'v changed cam shaft sencer crank shaft sencer fuil pump and egr valve got little better but still not good

Turbo [ 1 Answers ]

05, f-250, 6.0, heard a pop, lost psi , started smoking, 121,000

2006 ford f250 6.0 turbo diesel. Black smoke before turbo kick in [ 1 Answers ]

Just replaced head gaskets.installed stud kit,e g r elimitnator kit.new oil cooler.sent cyl. Heads to machine shop.had 7 new intake valves and 8 new guides installed.. also installed new flash tuner S C T . It allowed me to turn off check engine light for e g r delete kit.. and set up on...

01 7.3 turbo turbo spins at idle makes no bost [ 0 Answers ]

Truck dogy at take off turbo does non seem to make boost

View more questions Search